I am working with an organisation who are looking for a Building surveyor to work in their Estates Department, reporting directly to the Head of Estates. The geographical responsibility for this role will cover some 97 sites comprising buildings of varying age, style, use and size.
My client is a publicly funded organisation based in the heart of Birmingham.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- To arrange for works, as programmed and allowed, including both reactive maintenance and SMIT consequential work, within budgets, to be scheduled, specified, estimated and tendered as appropriate.
- Manage contractors
- Survey and record the condition of properties every two years, and prepare a 7 year rolling programme of work required by use of in-house software programme.
The successful candidate will have:
- Surveying experience covering defect diagnosis, project management, statutory and mandatory compliance checks, fire safety, Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM), Building Regulations and planning permission.
- Chartered status of CIOB or RICS or working towards either, with surveying experience.
- Hold a clean driving license.
- Flexible, with ability to prioritise, multi task and solve technical problems.
On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of £33k + car and public sector pension scheme.