An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Barnsley Metropolitan Council, to recruit an enthusiastic Commercial Property Manager based in Barnsley, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39,880 - £42,821 per annum.
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council is an impressive Council with a renewed strong sense of direction. The Council is embarking upon an unprecedented level of regeneration which is seeking to deliver real and substantial improvements to the quality of life of its residents.
As our Commercial Property Manager, you will need a full Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and be willing to take on varied and challenging tasks. Working as part of the management team, you will support the Group Leader Estates in the delivery of the Council’s Corporate Objectives through the Asset Management Plan and other Corporate Plans and Strategies.
You will be required to have the management and supervisory responsibility for a small team of professional staff and be responsible for ensuring the best commercial return is obtained from the commercial income, generating portfolio considering employment creation and regeneration initiatives and dealing with all contractual events, managing revenue, service charges and debt recovery.
This will involve the new Glassworks shopping centre retail units as well as the commercial business units and our heritage estate.
In return, we offer a great work life balance including flexible working as well as the option to work alongside a team willing to challenge the norm to deliver a better outcome.
Responsibilities of our Commercial Property Manager include:
- Implementing and championing, through personal behaviour and staff development, our Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Information Security Policies
- Promoting and ensuring participation in our IIP and training initiatives, information governance initiatives and information management best practice
- Managing the asset management function so that the team and the services provided are responsive to customer requirements, are accessible and provide value for money, whilst at all times abiding by the RICS Code of Conduct
- Contributing to formulating, monitoring and controlling the annual business plans and budgets for the function so that there are clear priorities and appropriate resources are allocated to their achievement
- Preparing, monitoring and controlling the service budget to ensure that expenditure is in line with the agreed service plan
- Working actively as a member of the Business Unit Management Team to contribute to the management and strategy of the Unit through customer delivery, staff support and motivation, quality assurance and governance
- To identify and implement change to process and methods of working to reduce operating costs to the organisation and embed lean management policies and procedures for managing land and property assets
- Ensuring the best commercial return is obtained from the commercial income generating portfolio whilst taking account of employment creation and regeneration initiatives
Skills and experience we’re looking for in our Commercial Property Manager:
- Full Member or Fellowship of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – General Practice and Valuation
- Willingness to undertake the Councils internal leadership programme
- Registered Valuer
- Substantial experience, some at a senior level, in the Property Valuation and Asset Management field
- Substantial experience of undertaking property valuations for capital accounting purposes including IFRS requirements
- Substantial/practical experience and demonstrable success of managing a diverse property portfolio, undertaking strategic property reviews / carrying out lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals and operational disposals
- Experience of applying commercial acumen to property issues
- Willing to work flexibly in accordance with policies and procedures to meet the operational needs of the council
- Willing to undertake training and continuous professional development in connection with the post.
- Work in accordance with the council's visions, priorities, values and behaviours
- Able to undertake any travel in connection with the post.
Closing Date: Monday 13th December 2021
To achieve your ambitions, apply now to become our Commercial Property Manager by submitting an application form with a brief supporting letter today through our website.