Tranby Surveying are an independent practice of Chartered & Professional Building Surveyors, covering both London & South East and South & South West of the UK.
We provide services to the Insurance industry, working alongside various Insurers, Loss Adjusters & Private Clients to reinstate commercial & domestic buildings following Insurance claims back to pre-loss condition.
We have an opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS/MCIOB or equivalent) to join our South & South West team with immediate effect.
As we have a diverse range of clients, this affords us the opportunity of working on a variety of different buildings including heritage properties and those of a bespoke nature. As part of our role, we undertake defect diagnosis and cost validation reports for a variety of clients using various scheduling tools. We also specify, procure & contract administer numerous repairs as a result of fire, flood, escape of water, explosion and impact damage.
- You will preferably have experience working in the Insurance surveying sector
- Have exceptional report writing skills
- Good knowledge of MS word & excel
- Good attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Building defects & the appropriate remedial measures
- Working knowledge of JCT contracts & contract administration
- The ability to build up a schedule of works / specification
- Working knowledge of CDM and Party Wall legislation
- Good organisation skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Be calm under pressure
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Excellent soft skills to interact & communicate with clients, many of whom have suffered a traumatic event
- You will need a full UK driving licence
You will be expected to help cover the South & South West of the UK including South Wales. On rare occasions & extreme events, there may be the opportunity to travel outside of this area.