This job has expired

Chartered Building Surveyor

Tranby Surveying Limited
London, South West & South East
£40-50,000 depending on experience
Closing date
24 Dec 2021

View more

Property, Construction
Contract Type
Building Surveyor, Construction
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Tranby Surveying are an independent practice of Chartered & Professional Building Surveyors, covering both London & South East and South & South West of the UK.

We provide services to the Insurance industry, working alongside various Insurers, Loss Adjusters & Private Clients to reinstate commercial & domestic buildings following Insurance claims back to pre-loss condition.

Role description

We have an opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS/MCIOB or equivalent) to join our South & South West team with immediate effect.

As we have a diverse range of clients, this affords us the opportunity of working on a variety of different buildings including heritage properties and those of a bespoke nature. As part of our role, we undertake defect diagnosis and cost validation reports for a variety of clients using various scheduling tools. We also specify, procure & contract administer numerous repairs as a result of fire, flood, escape of water, explosion and impact damage.


  • You will preferably have experience working in the Insurance surveying sector
  • Have exceptional report writing skills
  • Good knowledge of MS word & excel
  • Good attention to detail
  • Working knowledge of Building defects & the appropriate remedial measures
  • Working knowledge of JCT contracts & contract administration
  • The ability to build up a schedule of works / specification
  • Working knowledge of CDM and Party Wall legislation

Personal requirements

  • Good organisation skills
  • The ability to prioritise tasks
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Be calm under pressure
  • The ability to deliver excellent customer service
  • Excellent soft skills to interact & communicate with clients, many of whom have suffered a traumatic event
  • You will need a full UK driving licence

You will be expected to help cover the South & South West of the UK including South Wales. On rare occasions & extreme events, there may be the opportunity to travel outside of this area.

You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert