An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior (Wayleave) Surveyor to join our Wayleave Management Team within the Field Operations, reporting directly to the Wayleave Manager
At Northern Powergrid, our vision is to be the best energy company in serving our 3.9 million customers, whilst delivering a sustainable energy solution. As a dedicated Senior (Wayleave) Surveyor you will be an integral part of this team and be accountable for the day to day management of a team of Wayleave Officers acquiring all necessary consents. You will need to build effective working relationships across both internal and external stakeholders, and have a good working knowledge of electricity land rights.
We’re excited to hear from dedicated individuals who have excellent communication, organisational and people skills and have a desire to succeed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for supervising a team of Wayleave Surveyors (including Contract staff) which shall include work load allocation, priority setting, performance management and absence management. You will proactively train, mentor and develop your team and identify any skill gaps.
You will be required to ensure that minimum standards are maintained and that your team adhere to statutory and policy requirements, whilst supporting them with difficult or challenging situations or cases.
You will report directly to the Wayleave Manager, and be accountable for maintaining an adequate level of resource across all work streams and be proactive in forward planning and contingency planning for changes to working patterns. You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of a pipeline of work for our construction teams.
Key personal requirements of the role:
- At least 5 years surveying experience
- Personable, presentable with a good attitude towards work
- Proficient negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of project or programme management
- Excellent spoken & written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• Full clean driving license
• Minimum of 3 A – Levels or equivalent qualifications
• Excellent IT skills
• 3 years experience in Wayleaves, Valuation, Surveying or related subject
• 3 years experience in Customer Service environment
• Excellent organisational & communication skills
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
• RICS, CAAV
• Experience in Project or programme management
• Experience in People management
• Electrical Engineering qualification
Band A+, subject to competencies
£47,064 - £52,769