Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Head of Building Surveying to join an independent firm of Chartered Surveyors based in Berkshire.
The business are a reputable property consultancy that operate across the Thames Valley and London regions, providing a multi-discipline of professional services and advice to a portfolio of clients.
The business is now looking to appoint a new Head of Building Surveying to lead and manage a small team and their busy Building Consultancy department. The role will be based within the business's Head Office located in Berkshire, with regular opportunities to work remotely.
Your new role
As the Head of Building Surveying, you will be responsible for leading a small team of Building Surveyors, whilst providing a range of professionally bias Building Surveying services across commercial and residential property. Clients will typically consist of private property companies, occupiers, developers and Public Sector organisations.
Specific responsibilities may include -
- Residential and Commercial Building Surveys
- Dilapidation Reports, Pre-Acquisition Surveys, Schedules of Condition and Party Wall Awards
- Contract Administration and Development Monitoring Advice
- Project Management of construction projects such as, refurbishments, repairs and PPM
- Manage and lead a small team of Surveyors
- Day-to-day management of the department including regular P&L reporting and budgetary control
- Support the Managing Director with the growth of the Building Consultancy department
- Undertake Business Development and attend networking events
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS qualified with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Proven experience of working within a Building Consultancy, in a managerial role
- Fully proficient in undertaking a range of professional Building Surveying services
- Experience of delivering commercial property refurbishments, fit-outs and maintenance repairs
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.