INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY FIRM
Commercial Property Management. Senior Surveyor
(Direct client reporting - Fund team.)
Up to £50,000 plus Bonus & Benefits.
Our client is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live.
This is a key role within the Asset Services team in London working for a number of our institutional clients with mixed property types, making this an interesting and varied role. The properties under management are located throughout London and the South East. The individual will also have a fair degree of direct client involvement and reporting, assisting and advising on opportunities to maintain and enhance the performance of the property investments The role will be based with the Asset Services team in London.
A “hands on” proactive approach in the management of the properties is required to provide an excellent professional property management service to clients & tenant customers.
DAY TO DAY
- Understand clients’ business and needs to maximise client opportunities
- Act as key client interface, gather and act on client feedback
- Manage and liaise with internal teams and external consultants to provide a full service to the client
- Proactively look for and able to identify new business and revenue opportunities with new and existing clients
- Support by contributing to client presentations, bids and pitches
- Work collaboratively to generate new instructions and pool expertise within the team
People & Teams
- Support the team plan to develop a client portfolio
- Familiarise yourself with corporate structure and seek to develop internal networks
- Support the team profile in the market
- Support team effectively and develop positive internal and external relationships
- Proactively seek and undertake formal and informal activities to broaden experience and knowledge
- Coach graduates and Surveyors
- Support local office social activities
- Identify opportunities to generate income across the existing client base
- Proactively look for and identify new business and opportunities to cross-sell
- Understand client profitability and manage resource and productivity accordingly
- To contribute to team fee billing and profit targets and support on business management tasks
- Ensure compliance with procedures and guidelines (health & safety, quality, risk, professional code of conduct, etc.)
- Act as interface between tenant and client. Dealing with the tenant and client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure that property databases are accurately maintained, sometimes Web-enabled. Pro-actively manage lease event dates such as reviews, lease expiries and options and assisting with an implementation strategy for these.
- Management information and reporting – be responsible for preparing in advance for client meetings, recording minutes of those meetings and carrying out any actions arising.
- Ensure accurate client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales
- Liaise as necessary with property agents/lawyers in accordance with instructions as specified by each client mandate.
- Rent & Service Charge collection – to be accountable for delivering pre-agreed collection targets for rent, service charge and other monies as appropriate. Ensure tenant arrears are proactively managed in conjunction with the central credit control team.
- Service charge – to be accountable for issuing the service charge budget for each property and the service charge year end reconciliation in line with RICS Service Charge Code and client mandates. To ensure the tenant’s apportionments and schedules are correct and in accordance with the terms of the lease. Review service charge cash flow and budget regularly.
- Client accounting – to approve outputs including client statements, demands, reconciliations and other financial reporting.
- Facilities Management - co-ordination of FM staff, both regional FM team and site-based Building Managers. Collaborate with the regional facilities management team to deliver the complete package of property management and FM services.
- Sustainability - contribute towards and ensure compliance with clients’ and ESG targets and objectives.
- To organise and chair tenants’ meetings on a regular and mutually agreed basis in conjunction with onsite management teams and/or RFMs to initiate actions associated with the property.
- Property inspection – to undertake regular and “spot check” inspections of all assets under the management remit of the role.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Membership of RICS but not an absolute requirement
- Full clean driving licence
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Self-motivated & Enthusiastic to deliver the best possible result for our clients and customers
- An understanding of business development and client relationship management
- Knowledge of the real estate industry sector & commercial awareness
- Up to date knowledge of current legislation and case law relevant to property management
- Good IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- IT industry specific packages (eg TBS Tramps/Yardi)
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally
- Likely to have 3 to 5 years post-qualification experience in commercial property management
- Collaborative approach to working across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver value-add for our clients and customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and managerial skills
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on 0203 745 7074.
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email us at email@example.com and one of us will get back to you.
VARNOM ROSS - LOOK NO FURTHER. ⬛⚫