- Senior Building Surveyor
- Up to £80k OTE = £50,000 to £65,000 + 14-22% bonus + £5k car allowance (or car)
- Chartered Building Surveying practice
- North – Remote working in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield area.
This Chartered Building Surveying practice specialises in insurance reinstatement, which has repeatedly been shown to be a recession/disaster proof sector. With zero staff losses and continued growth in staff numbers through the current pandemic, they offer a busy workload within a friendly company that is happy to reward hard work and dedication with competitive salaries and an excellent bonus scheme (recently up to 22% of salary achieved).
Person Specification: Senior Building Surveyor
- You will be a Chartered Bulding Surveyor – MRICS
- Circa 5 years’ post qualification experience*
- Proven experience across the full project lifecycle (new build, refurbishment, insurance reinstatement
- *Non-Chartered Surveyors with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in insurance reinstatement will also be considered
- Full driving licence and happy to travel
Roles & Responsibilities: Senior Building Surveyor
Working remotely and reporting to the office 1 day/week, the successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project lifecycle, from initial safety, strip-out or demolition, through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover.
- Liaise with loss adjusters, assessors, and clients to confirm the nature and extent of the works.
- Provide initial advice to secure instructions.
- Attend meetings with loss adjusters, assessors, and clients.
- Keep loss adjusters and assessors up to date with progress.
- Inspect property and draft schedules of works, specifications, and reports.
- Agree specification and schedule of works with the loss adjuster and client.
- Tender work and produce a detailed tender report.
- Contract administration.
- Report weekly/monthly progress to all involved parties.
- Build relationships with loss adjusters and assessors.
- Carry out feasibility studies.
- Determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair.
- Advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings.
- Take full responsibility for work.
Salary & Package: Senior Building Surveyor
Salary of £50,000 – £65,000 + bonus a of up to 22% of salary, giving an OTE of up to £80,000 + the following package;
- Car allowance of £5,000 or company car (BMW 320D)
- Annual leave yearly increases
- Mobile phone, laptop and equipment provided
- Flexible working
- Supportive team environment
This RICS regulated practice of Chartered Building Surveyors was established in 1973 and offers a range of services across the commercial, private and public sectors with a focus on insurance reinstatement. Working across the UK, they operate from bases in London, the South East, the Midlands and the North West.
They specialise in insurance reinstatement, dealing with the refurbishment or re-building of properties severely damaged by fire, flood, impact, escape of water etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for the complete project from initial safety, strip out or demolition through to specification, tender, project management to completion and handover.
They offer a broad range of work both in size and type, along with a supportive team environment and generous bonuses that have recently paid up to 22% of salary. This gives OTE’s of £65,000 – £80,000!
In line with their expansion plans this practice of 50 staff are now recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor (MRICS) to service the West Country and part of The Midlands.
APPLY : Senior Building Surveyor
To discuss your options in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Chartered Building Surveyor – Jobs from HD Surveyors