This is an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Surveyor to become a key part of a successful team, managing Network Rail’s Eastern Region Commercial Estate Portfolio.
We are looking for somebody with Commercial Asset Management skills to help manage the portfolio, which comprises a diverse range of arches, land and buildings, let for a variety of uses.
You will be responsible for optimising performance of commercial property assets to increase Property’s financial contribution to the company’s rail operations and improve the service to its customers. This will be achieved through:
· Value enhancement through lettings, rent reviews, and lease renewals,
· Effective, customer focussed approach to Property Management, through tenant credit control, maintenance and repair and managing tenant leasehold compliance
· Identifying capital expenditure opportunities to increase rental income
· Delivering an effective and efficient property service to support delivery of a safe, efficient, reliable, and sustainable rail service.
This position will be based in the London office at Stratford Central focusing on the East/North East London area but with travel throughout the Eastern region, covering an area from Northumberland down to East London and across to East Anglia.
Some Key Accountabilities of this role:
1. Contribute to the maximisation of the income potential of the portfolio through the management of the rent review and lease renewal process.
2. Undertake valuations, negotiations, service of notices, instructions for rent review and lease renewals. Liaise with Network Rail’s solicitors and external solicitors as appropriate.
3. Assist in the undertaking of Network Rail’s obligations as a landlord including enforcement of tenants’ covenants. Assist in making certain that all properties are maintained so as to minimise risk to Network Rail’s operational infrastructure.
4. Deliver good quality estate management of let and void properties to minimise risks to Network Rail’s Infrastructure.
5. Manage tenant credit control, service charges and tenants issues and queries on a day-to-day basis.
6. Contribute to the identification of investment and revenue opportunities to maintain or enhance the physical quality and improve the revenue potential of the estate.
7. Manage completion of required documentation in a satisfactory and timely manner.
8. Assist in the management of the property portfolio in compliance with statutory legislation, best practice and professional principles.
9. Develop and maintain appropriate liaison with contractors, local authorities and within Network Rail to deliver effective management of the portfolio.
10. Undertake the role of Client Representative under CDM Regulations on behalf of Network Rail in line with company standards. Support the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements (including the negotiation of target costs) and fully participate in the associated quantitative risk assessment and value management workshops, as required.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· MRICS qualification (or working towards)
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Full driving licence
· Strong negotiation skills
· Positive and proactive team player
· Commercial and or Operational railway industry experience
· Proven high level negotiator
· Well-developed Property and Asset Management skills
· Good at developing and maintaining strong commercial relationships in a customer service environment
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Knowledge of the built environment including CDM