Joshua Robert have partnered with a group of Local Authorities who have a fantastic opportunity to be part of the Asset Management Team, and be responsible for the provision and coordination of an effective asset and property management service.
• Ensure that any external property services in relation to corporate land and property are managed effectively and secure value for money.
• Advise on strategy for land and property to support Asset Management objectives.
• To give and procure advice on lettings, land and property strategy.
• To commission regular site visits, inspections and appropriate maintenance works for non-operational assets to ensure that any risks to H&S, insurance or otherwise are mitigated, including adverse possession claims.
• To be responsible for negotiating optimal suitable terms in respect of leases, licenses, sales, acquisitions, easements, options, break clauses and other land.
• To identify, submit and procure appropriate consents required for dealings connected with land and property including projects.
• To act as the single point of contact for contract management and liaison with the panel of professional property advisors including relevant surveyors, valuers, consultants, agents and letting agents to reduce the amount of empty property and maximise on income streams from new tenants.
• To manage current tenancy arrangements, particularly at 16 Summer Lane, Bus Stations and Bromsgrove Rail Station, forging strong relationships through proactive consultation and communication optimising customer satisfaction.
• To undertake the management of property matters, ensuring that all surveying information and details are up to date and available.
• To check for correctness and approve invoices in relation to rates, rents and similar; to coordinate any adjustments or corrections required. • To ensure regular asset valuations are sourced and undertaken for financial and insurance purposes and in line with audit recommendation
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Post qualification experience of 3 years.
• Demonstrable post qualification experience in dealing with land and valuation matters in relation to capital projects, including knowledge of compulsory purchase and compensation, Conveyancing and landlord and tenant procedures and the management of land and property Business rates.
• To carry out site investigations where required.
• Knowledge of the legal regime within the Public Sector.
• Knowledge of the financial arena within the Public Sector.
• Experience of and aptitude for working in a corporate manner and establishing good working relationships with colleagues from other discipline.
£37,000 - £41,600
Very little travel