Joshua Robert are proud to have partnered with a large public sector organisation in an exciting time of growth.
With a strong emphasis on employee happiness and well-being, they actively promote their recognition schemes across the business, and believe a healthy work-life balance is key.
Our client are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to oversee the Midlands Region.
You will provide operational leadership within the Midlands region to ensure operational strategy is delivered.
This includes the management of customer relationships, ensuring effective service delivery through the management of internal delivery teams and suppliers, delivery of capital works and the management of Health and Safety risks within the area.
Key responsibilities include;
▪ Design and implement customer engagement strategies to ensure effective management of customer relationships within the geographic area of responsibility and to ensure customer service needs are identified and communicated through the organisation.
▪ Influence, direct and manage the delivery of services so that the company is seen as a trusted business partner.
▪ Represent the business with major customers to enhance the company’s reputation and foster an open and transparent approach to relationships.
▪ Seeks opportunities to grow the business with customers.
▪ Be available to manage escalated incidents out of hours, as per Emergency Preparedness and Response process and deputisation details. Service Delivery
▪ Influence development of company service delivery approach.
▪ Design, implement and manage a governance framework with local suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that service standards and SLAs are effectively managed and commercial opportunities to reduce costs are exploited, linking to Procurement and Vendor Management teams.
▪ Manage and direct local Service Delivery teams and contractors.
▪ Ensure that local FM Services are delivered to customer expectations and in line with contractual requirements.
▪ Where necessary act as the Head of Operations as defined under HTMs.
▪ Ensure achievement of agreed service delivery key performance indicators and associated targets.
▪ Manage and develop local Service Delivery teams to ensure that services are delivered to agreed service level agreements (SLA’s).
▪ Promote the adoption of innovative strategies and techniques.
▪ Responsible for proposing and drafting changes, implementation and interpretation to policies, guidelines and SLA’s. Amendments to follow the management of change process involving relevant stakeholders for proposing changes, review and approval.
▪ Instill a culture of continuous improvement within in-house teams to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service delivery. 1 Health and Safety term used to cover Health, Safety, Environmental, Security and Quality issues and performance.
▪ Design and implement strategies to manage the building lifecycle replacement requirements of the local estate.
▪Direct the team responsible for the delivery of the ‘minor works’ element of the plan.
▪ Create effective governance framework, including Leadership and Management responsibilities to ensure the delivery of the Minor Works Capital Plan in line with requirements. Safety and Compliance
▪ Deliver a high quality, professional and robust Safety Plan for the geographical area of responsibility. Compliance assurance to be owned by Technical Services.
▪ Ensure delivery of the Zone Safety Plan ensuring the principles of risk management are upheld.
▪ Monitor and review performance to ensure systems are effective through assurance and audit checks.
▪ Demonstrate Health & Safety leadership behaviours to continually develop our Safety culture ensuring all our employees and those we serve go home safe every day.
Organisation and People
▪ Accountable for developing and owning the operational people strategy for the Zone, including recruitment, development and management and working with the team to ensure that this is incorporated into the consolidated plan for the company.
▪ Contribute to the company strategic planning process and delivery of priorities and manage consequential adjustments to activities as required.
▪ Develop Zone plan for the delivery of the role’s responsibilities including identifying interdependencies, managing risks, modelling the potential impacts on the wider organisation, determining resource requirements and building in contingency where necessary.
▪ Full management of personnel including resourcing, discipline and development of resources meet requirements.
▪ Lead a team of colleagues, ensuring they are motivated, trained and utilised and that work is completed to meet schedule and quality targets.
▪ In conjunction with HR implement effective people management and development plans to ensure the Operations is resourced with talented, motivated people, who play to their strengths to meet the business needs.
Key Working Relationships
▪ The post-holder is required to build and maintain good working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders on a range of business sensitive
▪ Lead as the expert; integrating systems and managing effective working relationships with the appropriate stakeholders.
▪ Drive and challenge each key working relationship to innovate and drive reform to achieve agreed objectives.
▪ Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, including presenting information about projects and dependencies to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders in formal settings.
▪ Manage potentially aggressive and/or antagonistic situations with personnel and other stakeholders within change programmes for successful outcomes.
▪ Deal with complex and conflicting subject matter problems in day to day work load during workshops, meetings, one on one communications and other events, comprising various parts of the business. Effectively managing competing priorities.
▪ Nurtures key relationships with senior and high-profile individuals and responsible for the maintenance of these networks.
▪ Link with internal managers and members of other teams to address inter-dependencies and ensure alignment.
▪ Employ effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills to enable successful change management with stakeholders at all levels (including senior management) who may hold differing and contentious views.
▪ Represent the company in sensitive and political situations, delivering difficult messages where required to high-level audiences.
▪ Effective stakeholder management across different departments and at all levels, maintaining relationships with key and high-profile stakeholders, such as key strategic regional and national policy makers.
▪ Ensure optimum engagement, securing appropriate buy in, support and understanding