I am working with a central government organisation to recruit on a 12 month Fixed term contract. This is an immediate start. It is a home based role. This client has offices in Manchester, Crewe, Preston and Stockport. it comes with a car allowance of £3,000. MRICS would be desirable but not essential. This is a really exciting client facing role.
My client is a large central government organisation, with a really interesting property portfolio.
The key responsibilities include:
- Providing ongoing advice in relation to the occupancy of the estate, advising tenants as to the various responsibilities, obligations and covenants in accordance with their leases or policies if the occupier is undocumented
- Liaising with valuers, agents and landlords to achieve best outcome on operational lease issues
- Managing building insurance cover and advising as necessary and managing any claims.
- Attending Landlord and Customer meetings as necessary
- Reviewing business rates invoices received by Superior Landlords and liaising with the central Policy & Portfolio Management team and with our agent as well as with the various Councils and the VOA regarding merging assessments, applying for empty rates relief and updating them of any changes within the portfolio
- Leading negotiations of dilapidations and carry out surveys as necessary, appointing surveyors where appropriate. Instruct 6 facet, condition, backlog, maintenance surveys and property searches as and when appropriate.
- Reviewing, managing and if required challenging service charge bill received from Landlords which extends to the portfolio value of £30m per annum from ~700 landlords where the client acts as tenant
- Reviewing, managing and justifying service charge bills passed onto Customers where the client is the Landlord. This is currently £90m per annum service charge for ~2200 Customers. There are 1056 GP practices of which 747 receive service charge and FM bills totalling £42.5 m per annum which requires particular attention
- Supporting the development of key policies and operating processes for the betterment of the property management function and working closely with the Policy & Process Manager to implement such policies and processes.
The Interim Senior Property Manager would be:
- Property management experience
- Be able to commute around the Greater Manchester area
- Ideally MRICS
- Good market awareness and L&T knowledge
- Asset management, acquisitions and disposals experience
- Highly customer focused
- Personable and a strong player
THe Interim Senior Property Manager would be offered a 12 month FTC (£50-60k salary) with a £3k car allowance. It would receive central government pension scheme. Home based role. Really great opportunity with a great client. Please apply for more information.