Quantity Surveyor Wanted in Epsom
Your new company
This is an exciting time to join our company, based in our Epsom office. As a Quantity Surveyor, you will have the opportunity to work on projects across a variety of environments/sectors whilst supported by an established and successful, operational, and commercial team.
We are committed to ensuring our teams achieve a great work life balance, and this role can be completed via a combination of remote and office-based working. Some travel to our clients, and our office based in Epsom will be required, but we move forward as a business offering hybrid working.
Your new role
- Measuring and preparing cost estimates for contracts and tenders, highlighting any risks
- Managing the pricing of tenders to maximise business wins and profitability
- Preparing cost value reconciliations for contracts, identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning
- Working closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start, including direct labour incentives
- Building strong client relations, to ensure any variations and progress of contracts are discussed
- Taking purchase, credit and debtor responsibility using COINS to achieve expected cash flow
- Completing and analysing weekly reporting from site has adequate cost information
- Supporting the Business Manager and Business Development with sales and marketing activities; meetings with customers and developing tender specific method statements
What you'll need to succeed
Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role with estimating/tendering experience, preferably having worked within the painting industry although we are open to other transferrable backgrounds too. Please don't be discouraged if you do not have painting experience this is a 'nice to have'. Experience of successfully managing a volume of projects and contracts and entrepreneurial spirit, with key eye for identifying business opportunities and developing key existing relationships. You should be analytical, organised, and honest as well as being a genuine 'people person' who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real 'working together' environment.
What you'll get in return
- Be part of our company profit share scheme and receive up to 12%
- Company car and outstanding private mileage scheme
- Let us help you prepare for your future with an enhanced employer pension contribution of up to 7%
- 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
- Flexible working patterns can be considered for this role, including condensed working hours.
- Access to an employee assistance program to support employee's health and wellbeing
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.