Peace Recruitment has a client-side Development Manager vacancy for an organisation that partner with the public and private sector, enabling cost efficient design and construction of community infrastructure in the West of Scotland. Our client has circa £200m of projects currently on going with a further £300m planned for 2022 across the Education, Health, Housing and Emergency Service sectors.
The Development Manager is responsible for ensuring new projects are developed in accordance with the method statements and best practice taking projects from inception through to financial close. They will manage the development team, supply chain and ensure Participants are receiving a consistently high level of service.
Their role will also include:
- Identify local suppliers, keep them informed of potential projects and maintain strong working relationships.
- Keep appraised of all market trends, emerging markets and demands upon our participants.
- Identify new project opportunities.
- Prepare regular progress reports on all new projects
- Co-ordinate work of partners/supply chain to ensure delivery of the organisations policy objectives.
- Ensure design quality throughout all proposals.
- Ensure lessons learnt and good practice are shared across the partnership and invested into the organisation’s method statements and best practice.
- Identify best practice and invest in continuous improvement.
- Manage the collation of the Project Development related Key Performance Indicators.
New Project Development
- Manage the selection and appraisal of the project specific Project Manager, Quantity Surveyors and Principle Designers in conjunction with the Participant.
- Manage the selection and appraisal of the design team in conjunction with the Participant.
- Manage the selection and appraisal of the contractor in conjunction with the Participant.
- Manage the project from inception, Stage 1, Stage 2 and to financial close involving all commercial management aspects.
- Ensure supply chain design partners are appointed with suitable competence.
- Co-ordinate any architectural inputs.
- Maintain master programme and ensure all projects progress through new project process.
- Meet all project timescales.
- Negotiate and manage legal and commercial discussions with the Participant and Contractors on the Design & Build Development Agreement and associated documents.
- Provide regular project updates to the board.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Obtain board approval for acceptance of new project, stage 1 submission, stage 2 submission and financial close.
- Ensure all projects meet statutory authority consents including planning, building control along with Scottish Water approval and third-party requirements.
- Ensure consistency of approach and quality of outputs across all new projects.
- Champion best practice initiatives and the core values
- Achieving value for money against the project affordability cap.
- Deliver KPIs relating to new project development including timeliness and quality of proposal.
The ideal candidate:
- Applicants should ideally be degree qualified in a built environment discipline and hold industry experience in developing projects.
- Background in Construction, Commercial Management, Quantity Surveying, Project Management
- Experience in and knowledge of sustainability would be an advantage.
- Driven, motivated and career focused.
- Salary £60,000 depending on your experience
- Up to 30% bonus per annum
- Private Healthcare
- Company pension
- Career development
This is a fantastic position with plenty of opportunity to grow your career, vacancies with this organisation don't come round often so apply with your CV or call Lewis Potter.