Quality Control Manager
Up to £44,250 pa
Houghton Hall, Dunstable
We are looking for a Quality Control Manager who can take responsibility for monitoring quality of work and progress on all development schemes, advise on build ability and all development schemes, advise on build ability and technical aspects of proposed schemes at design stage promoting the best possible standards of construction within the context of each building contract.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. Catalyst wants to remove any barriers for people to enable them to participate equally within the recruitment process. If you require reasonable adjustments, please let us know and we can discuss your requirements for the recruitment process.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Can you demonstrate substantial experience of inspecting building work in progress (including traditional high rise concrete frame, timber, and metal frame forms of construction)?
- Do you possess detailed and advanced knowledge of all building technologies and methods?
- Can you execute an understanding construction completion of the residential unit and its associated external areas?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Control Manager to join us on a permanent contract basis. We are looking for responsible individual who can monitor for quality work and progress on all development schemes, advise on build ability and technical aspects of proposed schemes at design stage, promoting the best standards of construction within the context of each building contract and be able to advise consultants and contractors on Catalyst’s requirements in technical areas.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as Quality Control Manager you will:
- Ideally need to be a member of relevant professional body e.g., RICS, ICWCI, CIOB
- Have previous experience in property / house builder
- Hold demonstrable solid knowledge of current building legislations
- Inspect and assess drawings, specifications, and other relevant documents on Development projects and to comment on their adequacy regarding Catalyst’s Development Brief, Building Legislation and the requirement of any other relevant bodies or persons.
- Have up to date and familiar with current building legislation, keeping abreast of current building technology with the ability to access information for the resolution of problems on site.
- Be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, particularly in site discussions with contractors and consultants.
- Make regular site visits to all allocated projects monitoring the standard of materials, standard of workmanship, labour, and progress of work, reporting to the Construction
- Have substantial experience of inspecting building work in progress, including traditional high rise concrete frame, timber, and metal frame forms of construction, through to the construction completion of the residential unit and its associated external areas.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role will require a full driving licence.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page – https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/ to apply, please visit our website.
Closing Date: 18 January 2022