I am currently recruiting a Principal/Associate Director to join my client specifically as the Net Zero Carbon and Sustainability lead, You will be a senior member of the Technical Advisory service line, offering a range of related skills and services to our clients.
You will required to work with my clients NHS client base to reduce their carbon footprint and the impact their services have on the environment, with the ultimate goal of achieving ‘net zero’.
Support the growth of the net zero carbon and sustainability team nationally, bringing subject matter expertise and specific, recent project experience along with deep knowledge and understanding of
- the latest NHS guidance
- international and national best practice, including benchmarking
- the use of digital and automated technologies and how these help deliver net zero carbon and;
- how to implement this expertise and intel into projects and their deliverables
Advise NHS NHP project teams of their obligation as well as benefits in the design of sustainable hospital buildings.
Work with the Head of Technical Advisory and where relevant, other service line and regional leads and where appropriate the executive team.
- to shape and develop the net zero carbon and sustainability offer as a proposed suite of services.
- to ensure commonality with all other services and identify gaps for development and growth.
- to shape and develop the net zero carbon and sustainability strategy internal, linking in with other service line strategies and alignment to the business delivery strategy and plan.
- to review the pipeline of work and agree actions to support the business plan targets.
- recruit new team members in line with the business plan and business needs.
Develop synergies with the FM team to help all clients understand statutory, mandatory requirements compared to industry best practice, the costs, and benefits of digitising the estate and the potential performance improvements available.
Undertake team leadership duties such as, but not limited to:
- Respond to tenders and bids, working independently or part of a bid team.
- Line management of team members.
- Ensure that all work agreed for delivery exceeds client’s expectations and is completed on time and within the agreed fees.
- Manage multiple commissions, including time allocation / projection and monthly financial performance against agreed targets.
In order to be considered for this role you will require:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Member of Association of Project professional body Working towards chartered status
- Over 7 years post qualification experience
- Experience in working in/with the NHS
- Experience in construction-related profession or in a consultancy environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent numerate skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Project management and budgetary finance skills
- Negotiation skills
- Experience of managing a team
- Proven ability to operate at a managerial level
- Excellent knowledge of specialist subject matter and the NHS.
- Conversant with NHS procedures including HTMs and HBNs.
If you would like to be considered then please forward a copy of your latest CV in the first instance.