You will be joining a highly respected, independent multi-disciplinary construction consultancy based in Embankment, within 5-10 minutes of both London Waterloo and Charing Cross stations.
Widely recognised for their excellent work in the education sector, supporting primary and secondary schools, academies and colleges with their school improvement programmes, this consultancy covers major refurbishments, upgrades, repairs extensions and new build projects, from £500k - £15m in value.
As a senior building surveyor in the London office, you will have several areas of responsibilities covering the following areas:
- Client liaison and development
- Delivery of project and professional work
- Supervision of junior team members
In your role as a senior building surveyor the majority of your time will revolve around delivery of professional and project work as per client requirements which will involve:
- Defect Analysis, specification and supervision of remedial works
- Planned preventative maintenance advice and implementation
- Building Surveys
- Schedules of Condition
- Design, drawings and specifications
- Contract administration
- CIF bids
The role of senior building surveyor at this company is rewarding on a number of levels. Not only is there an excellent range of work provided across a varying client base, with new build, heritage properties, and everything inbetween, but there is also the opportunity to manage and mentor, significant progression opportunities, and strong remuneration and benefits as follows:
55,000-60,000 annual salary
£5000 car allowance
8% workplace pension
45p per mile business mileage + business travel via public transport refundable
Payment of RICS subscription fees
Biannual performance review + related bonus (subject to performance)
25 days of annual leave + 8 bank holidays (3 days to be taken over winter break)
To be successful with your application for the role of Senior Building Surveyor you will need the following:
- A minimum of two years post qualification experience as a building surveyor
- Full professional Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building.
- Prior experience working with schools, universities or other educational institutions as a building surveyor
- Highly organised with strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Articulate, professional and confident presenting and chairing client meetings
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.