We currently have vacancies for multiple Rural Catchment Land Surveyor’s to sit within our Land and Property team, which is a close-knit team, encompassing a range of professional expertise. To succeed in this role, you must work well in a dynamic environment. Autonomy and tenacity will be required as you will drive new ideas and shape opportunities for land and property management.
As part of a professional land team, in this role you will:
- Manage the organisations extensive catchment land portfolio, developing positive relationships with tenants and with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver sustainable results in line with the land strategy, dealing with property matters across a range of rural and recreational interests in line with business plan targets.
- Work with colleagues to deliver our Beyond Nature™ vision to demonstrate Yorkshire Water’s estate as an exemplar in sustainable land management to optimise multiple ecosystem values.
- Make sure that returns are maximised, risks are managed and mitigated and support on specific projects and incentives.
- Identify opportunities arising from the estate, using your initiative and creativity, and considering diversification for sustainable land management.
- Assist with the programme of capital works for the estate.
- Undertake all estate management tasks and works, conforming to high health & safety standards.
You will also be able to:
- Work as part of the team to deliver excellent performance by understanding how their individual performance links into achieving the team’s wider objectives.
- Support the Lead Surveyor to plan and deliver all relevant team, department and Company objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with people within YW and Group Companies.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate commitment and drive that will enhance YW’s business reputation, including H&S aspects.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and personal leadership.
- Ensure that personal workloads are managed efficiently and in line with deadlines, team targets and requirements, whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Provide relevant management information and key performance documents.
- Contribute constructively in team hub meetings.
- Provide professional guidance and APC support to other members of the team as needed.
- Support a team approach to YW business; initiating, preparing, planning and delivering specific projects and/or initiatives including proposals for changing and improving the business and its processes.
- Drive excellent standards, behaviours and performance in Health & Safety, Risk Management and conduct at work ensuring compliance with YW safety policy.
- Demonstrate Company Values, high ethical standards and demonstrate appropriate behaviours as outlined by ‘The Responsible Leadership Framework’
What you’ll need to succeed:
You will be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or enrolled on the APC and some way towards MRICS status via the rural pathway. You should be able to demonstrate experience of the legal requirements associated with owning, managing and selling of land and property, and have surveying and estate management experience from which to draw this. You should be an effective communicator, with strong negotiation skills, and able to build relationships and able to work to tight deadlines. Membership of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV) is desirable but not essential.
Closing Date – Sunday 23rd January
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on line and complete the application process.
Kelda Water Services (KWS) reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
If successful for the role, you will be required to undergo a Basic Disclosure Check, through a Third Party Company prior to commencing employment.
All our roles are subject to a medical questionnaire, and further medicals when required
Kelda Water Services (KWS) manages Kelda Group's non-regulated water and waste contract operations in the UK. We focus on winning non-regulated contracts or projects that have the potential to improve the Kelda Business. KWS has a growing pipeline of opportunities bidding for and developing contracts in the water/waste water and renewables sectors throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are known for our excellent standards with ISO90001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 certifications, CHAS accreditation and a ROSPA gold award linked to our Health and Safety performance.
You can expect plenty of benefits and support for playing your role in shaping our future and developing business growth.
Kelda Water Services values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Kelda Water Services reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.