- Location - London (East)
- Sector - Construction
- Specialism – Infrastructure/ Cost Management/ Quantity Surveyor/ Asset & Facilities Management
- Salary Band – annual/ £70,000 - £99,999
- Contract type – Permanent
- Hours – full time
- Level – Manager
- Business type - Client
- Recruiter type – Direct employer
Road Management Services (A13) plc is a leading Highways Term Maintenance concessionaire, based in London Docklands. We are a special purpose company owned by Grupo ACS and KBR, set up solely to manage the Transport for London 30 year DBFO concession for the A13 in East London. The contract expires in July 2030.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Highway Maintenance Quantity Surveyor to lead and manage procurement, cost, budget and NEC contracts on the A13. The scope of our project includes a variety of highways, bridges, structures, new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects with values ranging from £20M to £ thousands, working within a small, friendly, commercial and technical team.
The role is full time, located in our London Docklands office in City Island, London E14. The project operates from this single location and covers the A13 from Canary Wharf to just before the M25 junction for the Dartford Crossing, providing a huge variety of age and type of assets to maintain. This is a fantastic opportunity for an MRICS qualified Surveyor to take on sole responsibility for all Quantity Surveying aspects of the concession. Our project offers the variety, responsibility and independence that only a small team can offer.
• Draft and produce NEC3 contracts and schedules • Produce budgets and cost estimates • Designer and contractor procurement • Prepare bills of quantities • Risk analysis • Prepare presentations and strategic advice • Present to Directors and Board members • Work independently and accurately with minimal supervision.
• MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint • NEC3 contracts • Cost Indices • Budgets • Estimates • Quotes • Cost • Valuations • Payments • Risk • Analysis • Pre and post contract • Report writing.
• Approximately 10 years relevant experience.