Fixed Term Contract for Retailer . General practice surveyor/ leasing manager L&T.
Your new company
Over recent years this retailer has gone from strength to strength, a perfect example of what can happen with passion and commitment. They are in a period of rapid expansion and looking for a Leasing Manager to join and support their experienced team
The Leasing Manager will join us on a 12 month FTC, with a potential offer of a permanent contract.
£35,000 /40,000 per annum + benefits and mileage
Overview of the role
The Leasing Manager is responsible for the management of leasing and estate matters of the existing store portfolio and assisting in the expansion of the company's store network. As Leasing Manager you will manage the legal process from heads of terms stage through to completion, maintain and update portfolio estate records and diary of property events including, but not exclusively: lease renewals, break clauses, rent reviews, securities, lease obligations, business rates. You will also assist in the preparation of rental and property overhead forecasts for the preparation of financial budgets.
The Leasing Manger will review service charge and insurance charges by landlords to ensure cost effective provision of services by landlords and recover excess costs where possible while ensuring that Landlords meet responsibilities under lease contracts. Ensure that repairing responsibilities under lease contracts are communicated to maintenance department and that repairs are kept up to date.
* Optimise and improve the existing portfolio through the negotiation of lease events for existing stores.
* Undertake primary research on potential new stores and locations, assessing suitability and criteria in line with the company strategy
* Undertake viability appraisals and produce reports for review by senior management and board.
* Review service charge and insurance charges by Landlords to ensure cost effective provision of services by landlords and recover excess costs where possible.
* Advise business of strategic opportunities to re-negotiate lease and manage negotiations
* Manage landlord and agent communication throughout the acquisition or lease events process
* Manage the legal process from heads of terms stage through to completion.
* Control costs on external consultants and manage issues in-house where possible.
* Maintain communications with and support operations department and other business departments, to advise on property issues where raised.
It is key that this post holder has a knowledge of estate management solutions and negotiations, lease event negotiations and is able to advise the business on property issues. Experience working with the retail property market would be ideal
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Membership of RICS
* Be an excellent communicator with ability to develop key working relationships through persuasions and diplomacy.
* Think creatively with the ability to manage and deal with conflicting and complex issues.
* Be organised and methodical
* Be able to prioritise & delegate when under pressure.
* Be highly motivated. Have strong presentation skills
* Have strong IT skills
* Have excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Experience of working in a team function.
Whilst this roles is being offered as a 12 month FTC, if you are interested in applying based on an Interim day /hourly rate, please get in touch with me with your availability and rate .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.