My client is a highly regarded charity operating in the Housing Sector.
Within their Property & Facilities Team, they now seek an experienced Commercial Property Management Surveyor for oversight of their UK portfolio as follows:
- The portfolio comprises one freehold property in London, 24 Leasehold offices and around 90 leasehold shops across England and Scotland. The retail portfolio is typical of the charity sector with a mix of Furniture, Boutique and Community shops.
- Provide a full range of professional services including acquisitions, disposals, rent and lease negotiations, rating, estates management, building surveying, strategic planning, budgeting, compliance, health & safety and facilities management.
- The team within which the successful Commercial Property Management Surveyor will work will also support on all office and shop relocations, refurbishments and planned maintenance projects.
- Managing all aspects of property and estates management including lease management, interpreting key lease data, service charge reconciliation, budgeting, compliance, reactive and planned maintenance.
- Managing all landlord and tenant work including rent reviews, acquisitions, lease renewals, License for Alterations, disposals and the serving and receiving of legal notices.
- Controlling and auditing of service charge and insurance payments.
- Ensuring the portfolio is fit for purpose, well maintained and legally compliant.
- Leading tender processes and running fit-out and maintenance projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and on budget from inception to completion.
- Assisting with the management and maintenance of up-to-date key lease data and compliance documentation.
- In meetings and group settings the Commercial Property Management Surveyor will have the ability to communicate technical information including legal terminology and information relating to lease terms in a clear and concise manner.
- Management of complex estates/property issues and the first point of contact for landlord related queries for all properties within designated regions.
The suitable Commercial Property Management Surveyor will hold a RICS accredited degree, be a RICS Chartered Surveyor and come from a stable career background with at least 5 years relevant commercial property experience. Experience of working in the charity sector would be beneficial but isn’t essential, providing the desire to do so and understanding of the principles are strong.
The successful Commercial Property Management Surveyor will enjoy:
- a basic salary up to £50k to start
- flexible working hours
- flexible working practices
- 6 weeks holiday (plus public) to start
- competitive pension scheme
- and a range of salary sacrifice schemes if desired
If you’re a Commercial Property Management Surveyor keen to work in the charity sector and meet the above criteria, please apply now for immediate consideration and further info (including detailed official JD).