Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Chartered Building Surveyor to join a site based in Hampshire, working with a multi-disciplinary consultancy on behalf of a key public sector client. Your new role
The position will be initially offered for a period of 6 months however, this could be extended and have the potential of becoming a permanent role.
The role will focus on the delivery of a full suite of Building Surveying duties from the client's office 3 days a week and 2 days from home. The workload is varied and interesting on behalf of a high profile public sector client.
* Delivery of a portfolio of interesting projects for a blue-chip client.
* Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a project-by-project basis.
* Typical duties include- surveys, defects identification, brief verification, design, specification and contract administration services.
* The use and application of standard forms of building contracts, such as JCT and NEC.
* Understand the principles of quality, safety and the environment within the management and delivery of projects. What you'll need to succeed
* BSc (Hon's) Building Surveying RICS Accredited degree
* Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or CIOB with minimum 1-year PQE
* Ability to work on your own.
* Good team working skills and ability to communicate well at all levels.
* To liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
* Good ability with AutoCAD and experience of Revit would be an advantage.
* An awareness of BIM. What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Interim Property and Surveying Specialist - Lucas Mifsud on 07710566989