Hays Property and Surveying are seeking an experienced Commercial Property Manager to join a not-for-profit organisation based in Southampton.
The organisation are a not-for-profit established as a charitable trust for community development and regeneration initiatives within the inner-city areas of Southampton. The trust owns a significant commercial property portfolio that provides an essential income stream for operational costs and community re-investment opportunities.
The business is now looking to appoint a Commercial Property Manager to be autonomously responsible for managing the property portfolio, working closely alongside the Chief Executive. The role will be based at their offices in Southampton, with the opportunity to work from home on a regular basis.
Your new role
As the Commercial Property Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of properties, with the view of maximising income and return of investment. The portfolio consists of a variety of core commercial property sectors including business parks, offices, industrial units, retail and some licence leisure, with a total asset value of circa £4M.
Key responsibilities will include -
- Day-to-day property management
- Managing rents and collecting arrears
- Assessing and authorising licences and alteration requests
- Undertaking property inspections and liaising with tenants
- Managing and scheduling property maintenance issues
- Processing and authorising contractor payments
- Instructing property agents to market and let vacant properties
- Be the principal point of contact on property management of internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Chief Executive to ensure key objectives are met and income streams are maximised to their full potential
- Proactively become involved in a variety of regeneration and land re-development projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- A relevant degree in property / real estate
- Significant experience of managing a portfolio of commercial properties
- A strong understanding of property management principles, commercial leases and landlord and tenant legislation
- Desirably, hold knowledge of key issues within Public Sector property asset management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sound geographical knowledge of central Southampton and the surrounding areas
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.