DEPARTMENT: Legal and Estates
STARTING SALARY: 32,000-34,000 GBP Dependant on experience
PACKAGE: 40 hours per week, pension scheme up to 20% combined contribution, car benefit, 25 days annual leave, rising to a maximum of 28 days with 5 years’ service Property Surveyor
Are you a highly motivated individual with property management experience? Are you interested in helping to manage a diverse property portfolio? If so, we have an opportunity in our Estates Department as a Property Surveyor!
Based at the Operations Centre in Bath, you will be a key member of the Estates team and integral to the management our 3500ha estate. The property portfolio includes agricultural holdings, source protection land, houses, offices, and operational assets.
Reporting to the Property Manager, you will deal with a wide range of surveying work across our region. You will work alongside other teams to deliver the company's overall land management objectives and meet our targets to enhance conservation, access and recreation across the estate.
- assisting with the day-to-day management of a diverse property portfolio providing specialist advice and information to internal and external stakeholders as well as the public
- providing landlord and tenant support to the Property Manager in a wide range of matters, including the negotiation of residential, agricultural, telecoms, recreational and miscellaneous lettings
- assessing rents, renewing leases/licences and the exploration of other income opportunities
- preparing and delivering the annual planned work schedule to ensure our departmental managed building portfolio is maintained to an appropriate condition and meets all statutory requirements/regulations. the Acquisition and disposal of land and rights.
What do I need?
You will have a further or higher qualification in land/estate management, together with at least three years’ relevant experience in a property or estate management role. Membership of RICS is beneficial but not essential if suitable experience can be demonstrated.
To be successful you will be a confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to negotiate and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, from landowners, tenants and members of the public to engineers and contractors.
You will have good knowledge of current legislation, statutory requirements and best practice, allowing you to provide specialist up to date advice.
This is a busy and varied role, therefore we are looking for someone with a pragmatic approach who is able to prioritise, problem solve, use initiative, multitask and work under pressure with good attention to detail. You will also need to be competent with Microsoft Office applications.
This role will see you travelling to different sites and properties across the entire Wessex Water region which covers Bristol, Salisbury, Bournemouth, Minehead and everything in between, therefore it is essential for you to hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Benefits for you
- Pension - up to 20% combined contribution 25 days’ holiday rising to 28 with length of service Opportunity to buy and sell up to five days’ holiday
- Life assurance (four times your salary) Flexible working Cashback and discounts from over 1,200 retailers Paid volunteering day Enhanced maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing programme Support from mental health first aiders
What will you get from us?
Our people tell us Wessex Water is a great place to work, and they stay with us! We are proud of how we support development and career progression. We have a wealth of both financial and non-financial benefits to offer our people and are committed to ensuring we provide an environment that supports health and wellbeing and flexible working.
We continue to promote diversity and inclusion. With that in mind, we welcome all applicants.
We are delighted to have signed the Armed Forces covenant and are a Disability Confident Employer. Applicants who declare they have a disability or have previously served with the Armed Forces, and meet the minimum requirements for the job, will automatically be invited for an interview.
Please let us know if you require any additional support or adjustments to assist you in starting your journey with Wessex Water.
If you have what it takes to join this award-winning business and want to be part of our exciting journey and share in that success, then please get in contact with us to find out more.
Sound interesting? Please click APPLY to progress to the next step.