I am working exclusively with a family run company with a great reputation for delivering a variety of consultancy services to a diverse client range. They place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows them to provide an unrivalled level of service.
They are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Building Surveyor to take a proactive and progressive lead within the North East and also someone for the new London office. They are seeking an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, they are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first class service to clients.
A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting potential new or repeat business opportunities.
Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You will lead on the development of the junior team members in particular with candidates who are undertaken their assessment of professional competence. Enrolment of the RICS assessor course is encouraged.
Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
Aware - you have an understanding of the wider company goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
- Working across a number of projects in different sectors and being able to provide a range of building surveying duties.
- Acting a lead consultant for various refurbishment projects including briefing clients, feasibility studies, preparing specifications, co-ordinating consultants, budget cost advise, tendering and acting as Contract Administrator
- The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT and NEC.
- Preparing and submitting applications for Planning and Building Control consents
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, provide professional services and the management of schemes across the region.
- Visual and intrusive defect analysis, undertaking building surveys and producing professional reports.
- Due Diligence surveys, Dilapidations, including the preparation of schedules and negotiating settlements, recording schedules of condition
- The candidate will also contribute within the operational running of the business including but limited to business forecasting, company reporting managing junior team members annual performance reviews.
- Supporting the director with current marketing and branding.
We are looking for a motivated and sharp minded Building Surveyor and/or General Practice surveyor who has:
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying / or a similar degree accredited by RICS.
- MRICS, MCIOB or MCABE ideally.
- Sound technical surveying knowledge and significant building surveying experience.
- Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability,
- business development, and sound commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge of drafting technical documents
- Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Excellent time management, punctuality and commitment to getting the job done
- Meticulous nature and an eye for detail
- A full driving licence and prepared to travel as required
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel and MS Project
- Good AutoCAD skills
- Ability to present well with good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of managing clients and their expectations
- Understanding of company accounting procedures knowledge of Zero accounting software or similar is desirable
- Excellent communication skills and client facing experience
- Professional manner
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commercially aware
- Builder of strong working relationships
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Good report and letter writing skill
Salary will reflect your ability and experience. The basic salary will be in the region of £55k to £65k plus car allowance, 3% pension contribution, flexible working and an annual performance related bonus.
Please apply for further detail. Your CV will never be shared without your permission so apply with confidence.
You will be contacted by Toni Dukes, Senior Consultant
t: 07384 704 575
To view more roles within; Building Surveying, General Practice Surveying, Valuation and Project Management, please visit our website, contact me for an initial discussion about your career path, and follow my LinkedIn page for new opportunities and shared industry updates.