Senior Property Manager, 12 month contract, 3 days initially 5 days from June, Council role
Your new company
Your new position is within the council Located in Skipton, North Yorkshire. An area that was recently named as the best place to live in Britain. Passionate about property and devoted to development you will discover all kinds of inspiration here in North Yorkshire. 'the Gateway to the Dales' is in an area of outstanding beauty, rich with heritage and charming villages and you will be at the heart of the Council's ambitious plans for enterprise.
Your new role
To lead and manage the day to day work of the Council's Property Team, ensuring the operational requirements of the assets are met within budget, maximising income opportunities, whilst complying with legal requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
* Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in property or building services
* Project Management Qualification
* Track record of continuing personal development
* In depth technical knowledge of local authority property and asset management
* Contract negotiation and management to ensure best value
* Strong governance, financial, including budget setting and monitoring, and performance management knowledge
* Knowledge of Asset defects and remedies
* Knowledge of tenant and landlord contracts and relationships, sales and purchasing of assets/land
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive rate working for a council based on the edge of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. You will be able to work from home apart from attending sites or specific team meetings that require you to be in the office.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.