We are working with a client who has an opportunity at their UK branch of one of Europe’s best known, leading consultancies working across the property and construction sectors. Their PM team supports some of the world’s best-known house-hold names as trusted professionals, meeting the challenges of delivering complex developments and exceling at managing construction, fit-out and refurbishment projects. They work across all sectors, however specialise in Commercial Real Estate, Data Centres, Automotive and Industrial/Logistics, and experience in these sectors would be advantageous.
They are looking for someone who is excited by learning and driven to be an integral part of of a growing team supporting UK and International clients – someone who takes pride in working closely and sharing knowledge, always encouraging new thoughts and ideas.
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of both pre and post-construction phases and a degree in a construction, engineering or project management subject. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Project Management and Construction.
Role location: offices located in both Kent and London
- Provide key support to the Senior Project Manager in the delivery of commission obligations and internal project performance
- Participate in project meetings and produce minutes of meetings
- Manage and deliver projects to time, quality and budget
- Contribute to open communications across the project delivery and client teams
- Establish effective communications across the project delivery, client and stakeholder teams
- Implement problem solving and decision making
- Adopt programme and business management systems across project teams
- Control the internal and external commercial aspects of projects across a range of contractual arrangements
- Mentor less experienced colleagues in the skills of project management
- Supervise the activities of all contractors on site, obtain appropriate H&S documentation
- Liaise with the client to co-ordinate activities and resolve queries as required
- Attend site as required to monitor progress and quality of activities
- Close down all snagging issues on completion of the project
- Contribute to securing opportunities, up-selling and repeat business through the high quality of service delivery
- A degree in a construction, engineering or project management subject
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement routes and ideally market sectors
- Experience managing and leading project teams to successful outcomes
- Good client and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Effective communication skills with clients and project team members
- Commercially aware
- Good knowledge of planning and other aspects of project controls
- Demonstrable track record of successful business development and achievement of targets or contribution thereto
- Clean UK driving licence and own transport
- Ability to travel UK-wide and Internationally
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus as we work across Europe and globally.
Why you should apply?
- Significant career opportunities in an independent company with flat hierarchies.
- A growing team in a start-up environment with the backing of a large international group and an ambitious vision
- A work environment that enthusiastically embraces and supports sustainable practices.
- A human, inclusive, close-knit team and a flexible working environment that seeks to nurture your own career aspirations.
- The opportunity to assume responsibility right from the start according to their 'allowed to take-action' policy
- Varied tasks related to consulting on high-quality, innovative, reliable, sophisticated, and sustainable buildings
- Opportunity to work on complex international projects integrated across sectors, supporting teams and experts across locations and disciplines
- Advanced education and training, private medical insurance, pension scheme and performance-based bonus
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Izzy Brady on 0 7 7 5 9 1 2 7 6 2 2 for more information.