The Commercial Property Manager will be responsible for a small team of professional staff ensuring the best commercial return is obtained from the commercial income generating portfolio considering employment creation and regeneration initiatives and deal with all contractual events, manage revenue, service charges and debt recovery - involving the new Glassworks shopping centre retail units as well as the commercial business units and our heritage estate
We are working exclusively with Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council who within their Property & Assets Team are looking for a Commercial Property Manager.
With the new £200 million Glassworks Development due to open in Autumn 2021 and numerous other initiatives in and around the Borough either in train or due to commence soon, there has never been a more exciting time to join Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Property Manager
- Manage the asset management function so that the team and the services provided are responsive to customer requirements, are accessible and provides value for money, whilst at all times abiding by the RICS Code of Conduct.
- Ensure all contractual events such as lease renewals / rent reviews and lease events are dealt with in a timely manner and the best commercial return (market value) is obtained
- Ensure that the revenue generating assets are fit for purpose by promoting effective property management and repair, minimise rent arrears and control budgets
- Provide a regular 'high-level' review of our property assets to identify areas where improvements can be made.
The successful Commercial Property Manager will be/have:
- Full Member or Fellowship of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - General Practice and Valuation
- Substantial experience, some at a senior level, in the Property Valuation and Asset Management field.
- Substantial / practical experience and demonstrable success of managing a diverse property portfolio, undertaking strategic property reviews / carrying out lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals and operational disposals
On Offer to the Successful Candidate will be:
- A salary of £45,000 - £50,000
- Generous annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme