Diamond Resorts are now looking for a Construction Project Manager. The successful candidates will join our team at a very exciting time as we transition to being part of the Hilton Group under the vacation ownership umbrella of Hilton Grand Vacations.
The overall goal of the role is to work with our stakeholders to ensure we are meeting their needs, ensuring they are getting value for their money and ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget.
This position is a remote working role due to the high travel requirements, however it is expected that the candidate will be present in the main corporate offices in Lancaster UK for team meetings when required.
Reporting to the European Purchasing and Construction Director, responsibilities include:
- Planning, development and supervision over a wide range of construction projects - from inception through the scoping, budgeting, planning, design, tender, construction and handover phases – including post completion warranty issues
- Collaborate with Resort operational teams, engineers, architects etc. to determine the best fit specifications for the project
- Work with stakeholders to develop effective projects briefs which then form the basis for budgeting and tendering works
- Negotiate contracts with external contractors
- Obtain permits, permissions and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Monitor construction works, chairing regular site meetings and issuing instructions to contractors and stakeholders
- Plan all construction operations and schedule phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Maintain regular communications with our stakeholders about projects progress and inform them of changes which need to be made
- Manage construction sites for both new build works and remodelling of existing unit
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Defining and cost planning future/long term projects
- Record keeping of minutes, conversations and key decisions throughout various project phases
- Experience within the construction industry is essential
- Knowledge of construction methodologies, contract administration and procedures, building permits is required
- Knowledge of the UK construction market
- A good understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Proficient with MS Office & Project
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills and proactive in their approach as there are multiple stakeholders present as well as multiple concurrent projects in various locations across the UK with challenging deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- An analytical mind, good at thinking on your feet and great at problem solving
- Ability to work within the constraints of corporate procedures
- A team player with a willingness to learn
- Desirable BSc/BA in engineering, building science, construction management or relevant field
- Provide Capex support and expertise
- Valid drivers license and the ability to travel roughly 50% of the time
- Occasional overseas visits for European team meetings and Project assistance
Non Essential, but nice to have:
- Experience with Listed buildings
- Experience with Asbestos abatement procedures
Ideally, the candidate will reside in the Lancashire Area, however the position is remote working and candidates from further geographical locations will also be considered.
In turn, the successful candidate can expect to take advantage a range of benefits including:
- Resort privilege program/Employee discount
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ABOUT DIAMOND RESORTS
Diamond Resorts has a network of more than 420 worldwide vacation destinations in 35 countries throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, Australasia and Africa.
Design your own dream vacation with endless choice and flexibility - an hour away, or half way around the world. Stay happy. Stay healthy. Stay Vacationed.™
Diamond Resorts manages vacation ownership resorts and sells vacation ownership points that provide members, owners and guests Vacations for Life® at over 420 managed and affiliated properties and cruise itineraries.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – Hilton Grand Vacations
Please note that Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV) acquired Diamond Resorts International (DRI) as of August 02, 2021. If you apply to work at a Diamond Resorts company you will be an applicant of a subsidiary of HGV. A transition to HGV will occur as we integrate technology, systems and branding but it will take time until our separate operating systems, employment policies and benefits are fully integrated. As a result, for a period of time, employees will receive correspondence and messaging from Diamond Resorts as well as from HGV and related entities.
Diamond Resorts is committed to making your job search as easy and as safe as possible. This notice https://bit.ly/2u0PPUK explains how we will manage and use your data during the recruitment process.