Are you a Property Manager / Wilderness Warrior / Ecotourism Visionary? Oxygen Conservation
Term: Full time, permanent
Location: Home based, but must have the ability to travel to sites across the UK
Closing date: 3rd June 2022
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Genuinely Flexible Working Arrangements, Company Vehicle, Private Medical Care.
Oxygen House is a family of businesses involved in projects that foster social, environmental and economic prosperity. The group is a mix of established companies and start-ups, with a strong and diverse portfolio of interests, including education technology, data analytics, sustainable property development, impact investment, renewable energy, and city planning. Oxygen Conservation is the newest of these companies and was founded with the mission of scaling conservation by growing natural capital.
We offer a complete landscape acquisition and management service, identifying unique natural capital value, prioritising environmental protection and regeneration. This approach provides long-term, capital appreciation and generates innovative green revenues. We prioritise forming strategic partnerships and working with local communities to implement conservation programmes, regenerative agriculture, rewilding initiatives and sustainable development.
We measure our impact through a series of site-based top trumps / metrics including; carbon sequestration, environmental improvement, landscape productivity, renewable energy generation and local socio-economic impact including creating new homes for local people in the rural context.
We are looking to add a brilliant Property Manager to the Oxygen Conservation Team to help realise the potential of the built environment to support our effort to scale conservation and grow natural capital.
We have an extensive and expanding portfolio of estates across the country combining many unique buildings and property development opportunities. This includes manor houses, farm houses, cottages, abandoned farmsteads and a wide range of agricultural outbuildings set in some of the most beautiful landscapes imaginable. We are committed to the restoration and improvement of these unique built assets alongside investing in the development of high quality, sustainable homes for local people in rural communities. You will also play a key role in helping to create inspirational ecotourist opportunities, better connecting people with natural environment, agriculture and wildlife.
- Manage a portfolio of residential, business and tourism-based properties including drafting tenancy agreements, landlord and tenant negotiations, rent reviews and dispute resolution.
- Design and manage portfolio level Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes.
- Ensure the health, safety and legal compliance of the property aspects of our land portfolio.
- Take a hands-on role over all aspects of the built asset portfolio.
- Input into the valuation of built assets for potential acquisitions.
- Inform high level considerations for planning constraints and development issues.
- A passion for environmentally sound building practises and sustainability through every aspect of property management and development.
- Proven management experience with a property or technical background.
- Ensures strong collaboration with site and project teams to deliver high quality works.
- Manages all sectional agreements, building warranty and planning condition sign offs.
- Experience of managing schemes through planning stages (preferably in rural/environmentally significant areas)
- Being a member of a property related professional body (IRPM, IWFM, RICS) or similar.
- Having a relevant Health and Safety Management qualification (IOSH/ NEBOSH) or ability to show a strong Health and Safety mindset.
We believe great people make great colleagues and that having a genuinely diverse team makes us all better. You might have skills in some of the following areas but we’d love to hear from you if you think you can make a real difference to Oxygen Conservation:
- Passion for adventure, the environment and achieving real impact.
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills.
- Exceptional professional and work standards & ethics.
- Ability to liaise with numerous stakeholders and resolve situations effectively, tactfully and with constructive conflict while maintaining positive relationships.
- Ability to make sound decisions in complex and challenging situations.