A commercially astute Project Manager with the desire to work on Education and Schools projects is required to join the London Real Estate team of an international consultancy.
With the opportunity to work on live projects, managing small to medium sized complex commissions and supporting major complex new build schemes in London, this is a defined opportunity to grow a successful career within a market leading Health and Education division.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To Project Manage Education projects, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery.
- To act as day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time, to budget and to the appropriate quality standards.
- Project Managers handle commissions of varying sizes depending upon the complexity of the project.
- Contributing to the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI's to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- A proven track record of delivering high quality project management services across the full project lifecycle
- Degree qualified
- Experience in Education and schools projects preferred but not essential
- Contract administration skills
- Commercially astute
- Experience of JCT & NEC contracts
- Knowledge of the UK Department for Education's management systems and tools
- Experience in commercial negotiation and contract preparation
- Ability to act as the client's representative on all technical matters, demonstrating strong consulting approach leading to successful outcomes.
For more information, please contact Madeline Cooling at Aldwych Consulting on 07944558829.