The Lake District National Park Authority looks after this unique corner of England, encouraging people to enjoy and understand its beauty and helping those who live and work here. Our staff include rangers and field workers, advisers at our visitor centres, planners and ecologists.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and positive individual to join our busy and high performing Property Services Team. As an RICS qualified surveyor, you will undertake the professional and technical management of the LDNPA property portfolio and you will contribute to the development and implementation of strategic asset management planning and delivery. You will be able to demonstrate your negotiating, influencing and advocacy skills in relation to property management. An ability to use your initiative and work under the broad direction of senior staff. A sound knowledge base of the property market and be able to demonstrate high levels of competence in the legal frameworks of property management and valuation.
What’s it like to work here?
We have recently moved to a more agile way of working, promoting flexibility in the workplace, this is further enhanced by the ability for you to work from one of our three offices across the Lake District National Park.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applicants from all sectors of society. If you are an applicant with disabilities who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage our property portfolio in accordance with relevant internal and external procedures as well as current legislation.
- Delivering high standard of land, woodland and property management on our owned and leased property
- Providing professional and technical advice to senior management across the authority including lettings, management and valuation.
- Work closely with our Trees and Woodlands Officer to deliver high performing woodland assets.
- Work across our service departments to support the delivery of our corporate landlords approach, including the development of assets where appropriate.
Please see the attached role profile for a full job description.
• Working with us, you’ll enjoy:
• Generous Pension Scheme
• Electric car and Cycle to Work schemes
• Paid time off so you can volunteer
• Subsidised healthcare scheme
We reserve the right to close the application process early where an appropriate candidate has been identified for this role.
If you would like to discuss the position informally please get in touch with Helen Lancaster (Property Assets Manager) on 07753 671 382/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion
As an equal opportunities employer, the Lake District National Park Authority is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. These groups are under-represented at the LDNPA, particularly at senior level.
Disability Confident Employer
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the role. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide evidence in your application which demonstrates that you meet the level of competence required under each of the essential criteria, as well as meeting any of the qualification, skills or experience defined as essential.