Sick of working in a consultancy or contractor?
Do you want to work client-side?
If you've answered yes to the above, then this has to be the right opportunity for you.
Peace Recruitment is looking for an experienced Project Manager to work for a unique organisation that deliver projects in the following sectors; Infrastructure, Commercial, Retail, Civil, M&E, Office, Hotel etc. Sounds interesting; read the role profile below and get in touch ASAP as this position won't be around for long.
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy and overall project objectives. Key to this role will include taking the lead on the planning and implementation of projects aligned to a clearly defined scope, set of business benefits and deliverables. You will be required to manage and navigate projects through the process assisting and proving guidance to the project sponsor on all issues of the projects related to safety, time, cost and quality. You will be required to lead both internal and external expertise to interpret the business requirements document into a workable solution in conjunction with the Development Manager.
- The implementation of infrastructure, people, process and system solutions for a variety of identified business needs or opportunities - Acting as the interface for the project between the sponsor, the project delivery team and the design team to support the successful implementation of the project and realise the project benefits.
- The efficient and timely implementation of project and programme planning - Establish and maintain an effective project timeline managed in line with sponsor expectations, providing effective support and explanation on the effects of change to the project programme
- The effective use of project controls to ensure appropriate governance around the key project metrics of time, cost and quality managed to a scope of works
- The delivery of solutions aligned with the business requirements document to the agreed time, cost and quality metrics approved at each stage of the process - as well as timely management of the risk
- Assist the sponsor to ensure adequate and timely communication channels are in place to support effective project delivery - The provision and flow of information to ensure project sponsors, stakeholders and the wider business are informed in line with expectations established from the outset of the project
- Timely presentation of accurate and meaningful project reporting on all aspects of delivery including time, cost and quality - The coordination and preparation of flash reporting and project board reporting against all relevant project metrics
- The coordination and preparation of information to support the project sponsors through the process - Management of appropriate design, programme and cost information to allow recommendations and support decision making on next steps within the toll gate process
- Investigate, analyse and prepare appropriate guidance on the most effective procurement approach to achieve the project deliverables
- The coordination and preparation of detailed procurement analysis and recommendations on the most appropriate procurement approach to achieve the project deliverables
- The coordination and presentation of timely and accurate commercial management information – inclusive of cost planning, financial reporting, procurement (inclusive of tendering) and contract administration - Providing the necessary challenge and analysis of commercial management information on individual projects
- Ensuring others meet their obligations/responsibilities under the appropriate H&S legislation as well as Policy - Providing the necessary oversight required for all project health & safety plans including the project risk register. Having safe systems of work in place for managing site safety. Monitoring and supporting suppliers to implement safe systems of work
- Any other duties - To participate in projects and working parties and to carry out any other duties that may be outside the standard remit for personal development, or as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Qualifications and experience
- Post holders will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) or able to demonstrate experience in a relevant discipline
- At least 5 years' experience in project management within an engineering related discipline is desirable
- Able to demonstrate awareness of current legislation relating to H&S
- NEC 3 Contract experience
- Leading external designer teams
- Experience of running multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide project management across a portfolio of projects valued from £10k - £5m
- Provide leadership and ensure adequate safety controls are in place to support the safe and efficient delivery of projects.
- Coordinate and manage the wider project team (including any design team) to deliver detailed designs/process changes/solutions to meet an agreed business requirement document
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop project timelines, activity schedules and work breakdown structures to ensure project deliverables achieved and critical path items are understood
- Preparation of detailed Project Management Plan – inclusive of (but not limited too) procurement, project controls, risk management, design management, construction management etc.
- Coordination and direction of project resource as well as timely advice on resource constraints/requirements to the project sponsor inclusive of design team appointments
- Effective cost management within an approved project budget
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Manage full integration of project solutions delivered through the process.
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Salary £55,000 per annum depending on your experience
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Very generous pension scheme
- Remote working
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurances
- Professional fees paid
To here more about this amazing opportunity call Lewis or apply with your CV.