Competitive Salary + Company Car & Up to 17.5% bonus per year
Stratford Upon Avon + UK Travel
About the role
- Expert supportive team and an award-winning culture
- Diverse portfolio of property and end-to-end project management
- Flexible Hybrid/Remote Working Options available
We are recruiting for a qualified Building Surveyor to join our corporate surveying team based from Stratford-Upon-Avon. Reporting to a Senior Asset Manager, you’ll be joining a team of 8 chartered surveyors who manage our occupied estate of 350+ properties across the UK.
With travel across the UK (an average of 2 days per week), you’ll manage, develop and monitor building works across our diverse portfolio of properties. This is a technical surveying role, leading fit outs and refurbishments, organising and managing third party contractors, and ensuring our properties meet our business, contractual and statutory requirements.
You’ll work with a range of stakeholders across NFU Mutual, and you’ll develop effective relationships whilst advising and influencing best practice on property related matters.
The role will involve travel across the UK. A company car is provided for the role.
Duties also include:
- Survey, specify, plan and project manage fit-out and refurbishment projects from inception through to completion
- Recommend and manage technical planned maintenance works (including procuring contractors/consultants/suppliers)
- Ensure compliance with health & safety legislation and statutory requirements
- Negotiate and document all necessary supporting legal documentation
- Prepare and formulate building surveying budgets
You’ll be a qualified chartered surveyor who will leverage your previous experience in building surveying to manage project activity across multiple properties.
You will have experience of managing commercial premises refurbishments/fit-outs & of building issues related to commercial real estate.
You’ll also have:
- Experience of delivering planned maintenance programmes and national contracts.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience building effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and statutory requirements.
- Experience of AutoCAD LT and Microsoft packages
- Full Driving Licence
- MRICS -Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Benefits and Rewards
At NFU Mutual we pride ourselves on being “a great place to work” and one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. We were also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021. When you join our team, you can expect a supportive culture and an attractive range of rewards and benefits including:
- Salary –Competitive
- Annual bonus (up to 17.5%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and wellbeing plan
- Life Assurance cover Discounts on a range of NFU Mutual insurance policies
- Company car
Working at NFU Mutual
One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 110 years. As an employee you are very important to us. We empower and inspire you to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward you for your contribution.
At NFU Mutual we look for people like you, who have customers at the heart of what you do. You recognise that your customers’ financial lives can only benefit by having a financial plan in place that reflects their circumstances both now and in the future.
Closing date for applications: 3rd June 2022.