Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Retail Property Manager to join a leading Property Investment Company based in Berkshire, covering assets across North West London. The role is currently being offered on a 12 month fixed-term contract basis.
The business are a leading Property Investment Company with a range of property assets across the UK and Europe, including a portfolio of flagship shopping centre locations.
The Property Management team are responsible for providing support and technical advice across all the shopping centre locations. The team works closely with on-site teams and asset managers to ensure the asset in each location are being managed efficiently and in accordance with the RICS Code of Practice.
Due to a restructure within the team, the business is now looking to appoint a Property Manager on a 12 month fixed-term contract basis. The role offers hybrid working, with a least 3 days a week based at a key shopping centre location in North West London.
Your new role
As the Property Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient day-to-day property management of assets within the shopping centre portfolio. You will provide property management advice to on-site teams, Asset Managers and key stakeholders within the wider business, ensuring the assets are performing to their highest potential.
Key responsibilities may include -
- Provide property management support and advice to the site teams and Asset Managers.
- Promote delivery of cost savings against allocated asset Business Plans.
- Provide technical property management advice in respect of the service charge and take ownership of the service charge apportionment schedules.
- Manage rental income, check and authorise invoices and process contractor payments
- Attend monthly meetings to provide advice on property management issues.
- Provide advice to on-site teams in respect lease compliance issues
- Work with the development team to evolve and agree a property management strategy and provide ongoing property management focused advice.
What you'll need to succeed
- MRICS preferred, but not essential
- Proven experience within commercial property management, preferably within the Retail Sector
- Proficient knowledge in service charge and landlord and tenant legislation
- Excellent levels of communication, both written and verbal
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.