Our Client have been adding value to land based businesses by providing high quality independent advice and best service for over 100 years. They are a progressive firm of Rural Surveyors and Consultants, with offices throughout Scotland and Northern England, and are looking to expand further within the next few years.
They are looking to recruit an ambitious candidate who is either starting out in their career as a surveyor, or someone who has a wealth of experience in the following specialist subject areas. The successful candidate will be part of the Utilities, Energy and Infrastructure Department, specialising in Renewable Energy and Telecommunications. The Company offers a hybrid working system, therefore the successful candidate could be based anywhere across Scotland or Northern England.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advising clients on renewable energy development opportunities, telecommunications infrastructure agreements and electricity grid connections
- Negotiating commercial terms for the granting of rights to Renewables developers, Telecoms and Electricity network operators
- Liaising with Renewable developers to identify business opportunities
- Assisting with the submission of tender applications for Renewables contracts
- Adhering to internal processes, and RICS ethics and standard
- Building our business through internal cross referrals, wider business networking and developing close relationships with existing and new clients
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities
- Delivering annual budget targets
- Being a role model and supervisor to graduates.
What you will need to succeed
Qualifications and IT skills
- Professionally qualified, e.g. MRICS / FAAV
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full, clean driving license.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to liaise and communicate well with clients, colleagues and other departments
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills
- Strategic approach to problem solving
- Ability to drive a substantial case load with limited supervision
- Autonomous - able to take sole responsibility for instructions from start to finish
- Work quickly and efficiently to tight timescales
- Ability to generate new instructions and build on the existing client base
- Team Player.
Experience and Knowledge
- Significant interest or experience in Renewables and Telecommunications
- Ideally a minimum of at least 2 years PQE
- Good market knowledge & strong commercial awareness.
What's on offer
The Company strives to continuously create a friendly working environment and provides numerous benefits to ensure employee satisfaction. These include but are not limited to:
- Job related training
- Excellent holidays - 32 days a year
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working
- Group Life Cover
- 24/7 access to a UK Based GP online
- Online fitness programme and access to nutrition consultations
- Mental Health Support Helpline access
- A free health check.