Senior Architectural Designer
London (with travel across London)
Our client manages over 5,000 acres of diverse green spaces, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments across London.
They also manage other important public spaces which, are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
They are now looking for a Senior Architectural Designer to join their Projects Team on a full-time basis, working 36 hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days after 3 years’ service)
- Reduced gym membership
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinations
This is an unmissable opportunity for an experienced senior architectural designer to bring their exceptional creative capabilities to our client’s organisation.
In this fantastically varied role, you will have the chance to make your creative mark on the landscape of some of London’s most beautiful and favoured green spaces, used by millions.
So, if you have considerable architectural design experience and the dedication to enhance London’s delightful green spaces through a range of remarkable projects, our client wants to hear from you.
As a Senior Architectural Designer, you will utilise your architectural design knowledge and experience to assist the Projects Team in delivering a variety of key projects.
These projects could vary from converting an existing asset to a catering kiosk, refurbishing a residential lodge or reviewing office facilities. For each of these, you will assist with submitting planning applications and providing architectural advice to members of other teams.
You will also support other organisational teams by carrying out condition surveys, assisting with specifications for refurbishment and inspecting building works.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to assist with diverse and exciting projects and provide architectural input to the master planning.
To be considered as a Senior Architectural Designer, you will need:
- Architectural Design experience gained ideally in an architectural practice or similar or within a large, complex estates environment
- Experience of planning application submissions and working with planning consultants
- Demonstrable practical experience of successfully implementing and managing multiple, complex design projects through their complete lifecycle i.e. RIBA Stages 0-7
- Demonstrate an understanding of project management processes and their application
- A degree level education or have equivalent experience and/or training
A PRINCE2 Foundation qualification (or equivalent and/or equivalent years of experience) would be beneficial to your application, as would membership to the RICS or RIBA or equivalent.
Good knowledge and experience of public sector procurement and contract administration, including NEC3, would be equally advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Architect, Architectural Technologist, Senior Architectural Technologist, Senior Project Architect, Architect, Senior Design Co-ordinator, or Senior Building Technologist.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an exciting opportunity as a Senior Architectural Designer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.