We are excited to be recruiting four Capital Project Managers to help deliver Stoke-on-Trent's ambitious Levelling Up Programme. These are significant projects for the city which will play a key part in demonstrating Stoke-on-Trent's ambition to ensure continued growth and investment within the local economy.
Stoke-on-Trent has been placed at the heart of the Government's Levelling Up agenda. The council was successful in securing three major packages of investment and has been awarded a total of £56M to deliver its Levelling Up Programme. This scale of investment, alongside other public and private sector monies will help aid the regeneration of this this fantastic city and help to unlock the true development potential of Stoke-on-Trent.
Stoke-on-Trent, once the world centre of the ceramics industry, has a rich and fascinating history, it continues to broaden its economic base and secure high value employment opportunities for its residents. Stoke-on-Trent is a brilliant place to live and work with quality yet affordable housing, easy access to areas such as the Peak District and great connectivity via road and rail. Stoke-on-Trent City Council is an employer of choice and supports its employees to be the best they can be.
The Capital Projects Managers are a key role with the Levelling Up Team. This position will involve leading and delivering the approved and agreed investment programme, with all aspects of its administration, management and delivery from inception to completion. The Levelling Up Programme is arranged in investment portfolios which will be led by the Delivery Managers. They will have a range of projects to support and deliver, and will work across the programme as directed, whilst co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams in the delivery of smaller projects. As such, much of the post holders' time will be spent working with consultants, contractors and stakeholders.
Join a council delivering pioneering regeneration schemes including: the Levelling Up projects at Etruscan Square, Goods Yard development, the city's £36m Transforming Cities Fund programme, Heritage Regeneration schemes and £47m Etruria Valley Link Road.
A full and detailed job description is available for interested applicants to review and the team at Michael Page can talk you through this role and wider Levelling Up Programme in more detail. Please contact Matt Masters 07951180360 to discuss this role in more detail.
The successful Capital Projects Manager would ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Have extensive construction project management experience, across the full lifespan of projects ranging in value from £100k - £100M.
- Have the communication and commercial understanding to operate as a client side project manager
- Be able to develop a client's brief, prepare a pre-construction programme; advise on, procure and administer a variety of contracts, differing in type and in nature
- Has experience either working for, or working with public sector clients
- Friendly, personable and collaborative team worker, confident in negotiation and project delivery;
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead, develop, set the direction for teams in a changing environment;
- Direct experience of organising, supervising and motivating multi-disciplinary teams including the appointment and supervision of consultants;
- Direct experience of project and programme management, resource planning/forecasting and managing budgets for both projects and commercial practice management.
The Capital Projects Manager posts are permanent positions with a salary of £44,624 to £47,665 on offer. You will also be enrolled to an LGPS pension scheme and receive an employer's contribution of 15.6% towards your pension.
This is a huge opportunity for the successful candidates to have a career with an organisation that will help you achieve your true potential and to have the opportunity to deliver some truly interesting large-scale capital projects.
These are great roles, for more information, please reach out to Matthew Masters at Michael Page for more information and press the apply button.