Are you a Commercial Manager with Data Centre experience looking to work client-side for a leading DC colocation provider?
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global data centre company in its central London office, seconded through a specialist construction consultancy in the sector.
The Commercial Manager will oversee a portfolio of construction projects throughout the EMEA region during a period of major expansion. They will provide strategic leadership with a focus on driving down construction costs, providing assurance against internal financial controls and reporting processes, and managing contract risks.
The responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the preparation of budgets including cost modelling, benchmarking analysis and presenting these to senior management
- Advise on feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services.
- Monitoring adherence to budget throughout the project lifecycle including cost checks and reviews, value engineering & cost saving initiatives.
- Provide guidance on commercial change management and evaluation efforts across all projects.
- Proactively lead on commercial risk management efforts such as commercial audits, contingency analysis and risk identification.
- Monitor the financial close-out on projects including settlement of vendors.
- Review project cost reports with senior management.
To be considered, candidates will require a bachelor’s degree in a construction or business-related discipline and ideally be MRICS qualified. They will also need to have relevant cost management experience working on data centre projects, particularly pre-contract cost planning experience. Candidates should have strong communication skills, business acumen, and attention to detail. The role is London based, with some flexible working, and may require occasional travel across the EMEA region.
On offer is a salary up to £100k plus comprehensive benefits package. For more information, please contact Nick Rogerson on 07897 729 223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.