Facilities Manager/ Static Site/ Ayrshire/ Vacancy
Hays are currently working with a sustainable energy infrastructure company that connects consistent low-cost renewable generation with high value markets. We have been asked to assist them in recruiting a Facilities Manager for a huge project that will last for the next 10 years. The role will cover the period between pre construction, post planning permission award (at the beginning of June 2022) through the construction phase (with handover of the site from the main contractor at the end of March 2025) leading into the production phase post factory commissioning.
This role has become available as the company moves from being a newly incorporated entity with development aspirations to the delivery of a large scale development covering 70 acres. There will be a Main Contractor responsible for the construction and managing sub contractors with potentially 450 people on site. The production phase will employ 900 people. The successful candidate will have experience of working in large scale construction projects (including interfaces with the public) with responsibility for the overall management of the factory site after hand over from main contractor in line with all Health and Safety, environmental and company procedures. This includes ensuring the adherence to the budgetary costs while maintaining the factory standards of excellence.
Key Responsibilities :
- Public liaison being the voice and face of the company during the construction phase, answering telephone calls, being proactive within the local community, explaining our actions, and investigating and resolving any concerns, potential public face to face interaction.
- Liaising with procurement identifying services which are required within the local community during the construction period. Development and management of framework agreements.
- Managing outsourced services, working with service providers during the construction phase to resolve any issues in the local community.
- Liaising with the main contractor making them aware of the feedback from the public and the actions taken to remediate any real issues.
- Ensuring the fabric of the factory and office buildings both externally and internally are maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance agreed budgets.
- Being responsible for all the health and safety compliance onsite, including that of third party services providers and maintenance records. Ensuring all asset registers, safety plans, accident & incident reports and log books are updated and compliant in accordance with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Monitoring the key performance indicators and taking remedial action to ensure the required standards are maintained for all factory and office buildings.
- Manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties.
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 5 years previous facilities management experience within a factory site environment, including line Management responsibility for Company personnel, third party contractors management and management of service agreements or frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- IT literate, together with an understanding and experience of industry specific IT Applications.
- High degree and knowledge reference of Health and Safety legislation, environmental protection requirements and ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- BIFM qualification desirable
What's on offer:
- A flexible work environment
- An opportunity to join a cutting-edge, world-leading business in an exciting industry
- A competitive salary and equity package
- A fantastic learning environment
- A unique, exciting fast-paced working culture