An eye for detail and a heart for great service?
We are looking for an experienced Residential Surveyor to join us on a full time, permanent basis. Ideally you will be based in or around the Cleveland (TS) postcode area, in North East North Yorkshire region.
Part of MSS, SDL Surveying was established in 1989 and today is the UKs largest independent provider of mortgage valuations. We work with most major lenders, have a UK wide network of over 400 surveyors and complete c.208,000 valuations per year.
We aim to provide a world class service to our customers, through utilising cutting-edge systems and our revolutionary spirit has the customer at its heart.
We are frequently recognised as a leader in our sector scooping a host of prestigious industry awards. Financial Reporter Awards: Best Surveyor (2020, 2021) Mortgage Introducer Awards: Survey/Valuation Business of the Year (2021) and Mortgage Strategy Awards: Best Surveyor/Valuer (2021)
What we care about
Providing exceptional customer service is what drives us each and every day at SDL. We thrive on shaking up the industry and doing what it takes to make customers' lives easier and better. Because they deserve more, and we want to be the ones to wow them.
We believe our greatest asset is our people and by empowering them to make a difference our people can become the best they can be.
What’s on offer to our surveyors
- Excellent remuneration package including uncapped performance bonuses
- Full and part time positions available with flexible working hours
- Fixed geographical patch/area
- Fantastic administrational and operational support, including booked appointments, audit, and compliance services
- Excellent range of employee benefits, including health care, pension contribution, prestige company car or car allowance, generous annual leave entitlement, lucrative employee referral scheme, incentive events, professional subscription fees paid and more…
- Structured professional development e.g. APC preparation, regular CPD sessions, and support from MRICS to FRICS
- You will be a name, not purely a number
Your life as a surveyor
You'll be part of our growing business carrying out residential valuation reports for lending purposes, together with private home survey inspections. You'll appreciate the freedom of going out and about independently and relish the responsibility of checking each property, noting every detail, and producing accurate reports - being scrupulously thorough even when you're on a tight schedule! You'll be absolutely dedicated to meeting deadlines because you know we always keep our promises to clients. And if residents are home when you visit, you'll enjoy chatting to them and acting as something of an ambassador, taking the opportunity to make sure they're happy and committing to getting any issues sorted.
What you'll do as our surveyor
- Meet personal income targets by managing your day to day workload to maximise productivity and profitability
- Embrace our new iPad technology to complete homebuyer reports and mortgage valuations
- Maintain service and quality requirements to company standards
- Report performance issues in key areas to the relevant line manager
- Adapt to the changing business needs of the company and our clients to utilise new products and valuation/inspection techniques
- Proactively assist in the implementation of risk management policies
- Attend regional team meetings and annual conference
Who we're looking for as our surveyor
We want to find a self-starter with residential surveying and customer service experience who likes to work in a fast-paced world where they can take responsibility and get things done and who has:
- Experience as a practising surveyor
- RICS membership (either AssocRICS, MRICS or FRICS)
- Currently VRS registered or meets the criteria for VRS as a sponsored member
- Technical expertise in residential surveying
- Experience of providing terrific customer service in a client facing role
- Exceptional timekeeping never late and always on top of deadlines
- The communication skills to write clearly and speak easily with anyone
- An organised way of working
- Eligibility to work in the UK and everything it takes to successfully complete preemployment screening
And, ideally, but not vitally:
- Experience using iPads and apps
- Experience preparing reports
- Proficient in MS Office package
- Experience of managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects of surveying practice
How to Apply:
Reply to our advert or apply on our Careers website
If you require any reasonable adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please let our recruitment team know.
Individuals with different cultures, perspectives and experiences are at the heart of the way SDL Surveying & Stonebridge works. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships, and ex-offenders.