The Major Capital Projects Manager will lead on ensuring that all major capital projects are delivered on time, to budget and in line with the project spec and expectations.
Our client is a public sector organisation in Derby.
Working closely with the senior leadership team within the Estates department you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of major capital projects across the estate. This will include but not be limited to:
- Being responsible for the project delivery through the entire project life cycle form inception through to handover.
- Ensuring that all capital works are delivered to a high standard and on time and to budget.
- Supporting the Project & Programme Boards to identify, mitigate and manage risks associated with the projects.
- Management of external contractors and design teams.
- Management of project frameworks and ensuring that these are kept up to date.
- Working with external third parties on collaboration projects.
- Supporting senior management to ensure that financial targets and obligations relating to capital works are met.
- Leading and driving the delivery of initiatives relating to the organisation's net carbon zero and sustainability goals.
To be considered for this position applicants will need to have a proven background of delivering major capital projects including new build and refurbishment projects.
Applicants will also have a degree in a building or construction based discipline or have equivalent experience.
It is expected that applicants will also hold a professional membership and be a Chartered Member of a professional body such as CIOB or RICS.
The role is based in Derby and will require an ongoing site presence in Derby at least 3-4 days a week so ideally you will live within a reasonable commuting distance of Derby.
A salary of £58,000 - £64,000 is on offer and the successful applicant will also receive a very generous benefits package which includes 43 days annual leave and a 27% pension.
Interviews will take place June 2022.