Retail & Leisure Surveyor - London
£40,000 - £70,000 + benefits/bonus
Our client is an innovative commercial property agency specialising in advising on large mixed use regeneration developments. Their bread and butter is recreating parts of London, like Hackney, Walthamstow and Greenwich, and then placing the right people, brands and companies in those places, be it cutting edge shops, great bars and restaurants, gyms, offices or designers and makers.
They have a corporate, but friendly, team and are looking to hire someone as they grow. This role comes with a great deal of responsibility, variety and an opportunity to understand their business in its entirety with our small, hardworking team focussed on London with a proven track record working across all aspects of the commercial property industry for the last 12 years.
As leading specialists in commercial property and emerging submarkets, in particular large mixed use regeneration developments that are significantly improving local areas across London, they have a foot in both the creative and corporate worlds. That is why their client base ranges from helping hipster restaurants and bars, through to helping tech companies find new offices or sourcing breweries for their production spaces to working with a best in class range of clients which include; listed house builders, local authorities, property companies and global funds.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to join a growing business where you will have the opportunity to be involved in major projects with the team from day one. The ideal candidate must be highly organised, well presented, professional, and be hungry to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The role is split into 3 principal areas:
· Advising clients in marketing the leasehold interest of predominantly retail and leisure properties
· We are instructed on major high profile mixed-use instructions with multiple units to let or sale across London
· Landlord Instructions
o Building a stock list of leasing instructions with a focus on City Fringe, East London and emerging areas across London
· Acquisition instructions
o New store acquisition programmes of our retailers who are seeking to open new sites across London
· Providing high quality advice to our clients on the office, industrial & retail elements of predominantly mixed-use developments which includes; researching local markets and local development pipeline, providing advice on rents, rental comparable, market commentary, commercial values and marketing strategies
Strong knowledge of the London market
· Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent written communication skills
· Competent on Word, Powerpoint, Excel
· Happy to be out and about meeting new prospective tenants and attending meeting with clients
· Able to unearth new opportunities
· A flair and ability to think laterally when marketing properties
· Confident building new relationships
· A creative and entrepreneurial approach