Principal Estates Manager
Location: Chatsworth Hall, Matlock (Hybrid)
Job term: Full Time
Appointment type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 26 June 2022
£42,513 - £46,156 plus market leading benefits package (see below)
We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!!
To play a High profile and key role within the Corporate Property Team you will be the Principal Estates Manager responsible for managing an extensive and varied portfolio of assets valued in excess of £2 billion.
Following an internal restructure, Derbyshire County Council is looking for a commercially focused, progressive, ambitious Principal Estates Manager to work with Senior Management, external stake holders and experienced Estates Team colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and committed individual to support, shape and deliver the council’s Corporate Property objectives
You will be managing an established, stable and professional team of surveyors in one of England’s most beautiful areas, including the Peak District National Park, with the flexibility of hybrid working and from offices based in picturesque Matlock and across the County.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who wants to move a service from reactive to proactive, and who relishes a challenge. If you have aspirations to design and shape services, innovate, lead and make your mark, we would be interested in talking to you.
What will I be doing:
- Prepare and evaluate proposals for land and property development.
- Provide technical knowledge of Landlord & Property Law
- Oversee valuations of land and property assets in accordance with CIPFA and RICS guidelines.
- Drive the estate management function for all networks as part of the 5 Year Corporate Property Plan 2021 to 2026.
- Carry out a wide range of estate management duties as a key point of contact in resolving issues, working with landlords, tenants, building and maintenance services and other property stakeholders.
- Carry out negotiations for the purchase, sale and lease of land and property ensuring that the Council obtains ‘best value’ under S.123 of the Local Government Act 1972 and operates within financial regulations. Senior Estates Manager- 12- V3 Version 4 – 10/05/2017
- Take the lead on the more complicated, high value and sensitive cases which are dealt within the Estates team.
- Provide professional advice in respect of the acquisition or disposal of land and property assets enabling senior officers and members to make prudent decisions.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile which outlines the skills and experience that you need for this role.
What we offer you:
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
Our team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we're currently working remotely. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We’re recruiting to other positions in our team, to view these other opportunities click here.
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Helen Forester Helen.Forster@derbyshire.gov.uk.
Provisional Interview Date: within 10 days of the closing date via MS Teams