Senior Lecturer in Quantity Surveying
Swansea, Wales (with hybrid working and travel to other locations as necessary)
£42,792 to £51,034 per annum
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) is an employment-focused university, dedicated to ensuring students from diverse backgrounds develop the academic knowledge and practical skills to thrive.
We offer innovative teaching, state-of-the-art equipment and superb support across a wide range of learning locations and courses.
We are now looking to recruit a permanent Senior Lecturer in Quantity Surveying to support and enhance the teaching of construction within the Institute of Science and Art.
You will primarily be engaged in the design and delivery of professional related content at undergraduate and postgraduate level. You will be expected to develop and deliver academically challenging, vocational related content incorporating innovative teaching and assessment methods to develop students’ competence and capability in a variety of areas. These may include:
• Measurement & Estimating
• Contract Control
• Value Management
To be successful in the role you should have or be working towards obtaining a postgraduate qualification in a relevant are or equivalent professional experience or qualifications. A teaching qualification or equivalent would be desirable but the ability to present teaching materials to a high standard and to engage and enthuse students in the subject area is essential. You will need excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be effective at working in a team environment.
- Annual leave entitlement is 35 days’ annual leave per year, plus 8 bank holidays and 4 University closure days
Our employees get access to a great pay and benefits package in recognition of their valued contribution including:
- Good pay and conditions; as an accredited living wage employer, we offer competitive pay
- Pension scheme membership from USS to provide benefits for you and your family
- Family-friendly policies that provide for flexible working, including additional paid maternity and paternity leave
- Career and development opportunities, including support to gain further qualifications
- Support for mental health and wellbeing, including occupational health and counselling support services
- Staff discounts on a range of products and services
- Travel schemes, including the cycle to work scheme
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge and the opportunity to share your construction related experience and knowledge with our students, please apply via the button shown.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Closing date: 1st July 2022, 11:59pm