One of the UK's largest independent Property Consultancies is actively recruiting Quantity Surveyors from Intermediate to Associate, with a background in Local Authorities, to be based in Birmingham.
The Client is looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Cost Consultant to work across Local Government projects in the Midlands and play a key role in leading and growing the team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering a scope of work in line with all pre & post contract stages of works, including use of cost models, investment appraisals, cost reporting and benchmarking data. The candidate will have significant technical knowledge and experience of working with (but not limited to) Local Government clients and on a variety of project types as well as being able to run projects with limited supervision and provide line management and team leadership.
You will work within established financial systems and budgets to produce reports and forecasts and track budgets, overseeing costing and variances in order to manage and control cost variables. In addition, you will provide advice to colleagues on risk management, compliance and associated behaviours, to ensure adherence to risk and compliance processes and present any project risks or issues to senior managers to ensure the project is not adversely impacted. The successful candidate will analyse and review a range of data and documents to collate key themes and trends, using this analysis in conjunction with their own knowledge to provide advice and make recommendations to support cost and commercial management decision-making.
Using your knowledge and experience combined with research of industry best practice to analyse existing processes and policies you will share knowledge and provide insightful recommendations to assist service improvement and innovation. You will have regular engagement with senior client team members and key stakeholders. You will be accountable for and reports progress on all aspects of their projects.
- Key member of project delivery teams, often leading them and achieving objectives, delivering to performance targets and ensuring that cost team have the necessary skills to deliver the project objectives
- Managing our relationship with the client to ensure satisfaction, meeting client objectives, managing pipeline and delivering account growth where appropriate with support from Account Leaders.
- Assure compliance with contracts in terms of programme delivery parameters and scope of service
- Analyse and review complex information from a range of data sources in order to identify how different options may impact project delivery and advise clients and internal stakeholders on potential implications
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration between projects to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership to the team, playing a line management role for some members and supporting internal management of utilisation and resource planning
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of a range of building asset types ideally including housing, regeneration, mixed use and/or town centre projects, civic/public buildings
- Experience of working with/for the public sector and the associated procurement approaches, able to advise on their selection and use
- Strong cost and commercial background, ideally holding MRICS Chartered status.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team to an aligned set of objectives
- Ability to pragmatically review, assess and comment to help shape schemes that achieve objectives within budget
- A good understanding of the key development stages (design, planning, construction, post PC) and the interdependencies of these stages
- Relevant experience of client management and winning additional work through service delivery excellence.
Apply in confidence to this advert or contact Hamish Ross on 0 7 4 6 4 9 2 7 4 0 1 for more information.