Asset Valuer (Asset Valuer II)
Reports to: Snr Director, Valuation
Purpose of role
Providing Machinery and Equipment valuation advice to a range of clients including Asset Based lenders, Professional Advisors and Corporates.
Corporate Clients include a range of Multi National Corporates, for which Liquidity Services hold contracts to supply Asset Management Services, including Asset Valuation, Management and Disposal.
The business also offers an ‘Asset Principal Purchase’ offering which may require valuation for purchase and resale by Liquidity Services.
Where appropriate, you will may also be involved in valuation of inventory and spares, primarily for Lending purposes, but also may be included within Asset Management Services.
The role will cover a wide range of industries, sectors, business types and sizes, primarily based in EMEA, valuations are performed either on a desktop basis or inspected (depending upon the scope of work) and typical field time will be 1 – 5 days.
The Valuations team operates on a global basis and the role provides an opportunity to work on valuation projects and support our Valuation teams in North America and APAC.
Career opportunities will allow you to develop yourself as a Senior Valuer, looking at a wide range of assets and industries, with the ability in the future to work anywhere within the Liquidity Services Network of offices.
- To undertake machinery and equipment appraisals in a wide range of industry sectors primarily for Lending, Professional Services, Corporates and Principal Purchase. Which will cover from planning, inspection through to reporting for final sign off.
- Attend client sites primarily UK and Europe (APAC and NA where required), to complete initial asset inspection, collation of supporting information (cost invoices, overhead costs where appropriate, maintenance records etc).
- Following site inspection / or where valuation completed on a desktop basis, information will need to be gathered which will include; Machinery Original Costs, Maintenance requirements, historic sales information (either from Internal or External sources) which will include contacting Dealers and Manufacturers.
- Be able to gather information, analyse and present in a coherent manner which will include; main report, supporting schedules and summary of research undertaken.
- The valuation is be prepared and supported by clear methodology and research in line with IVS and draft values are supported.
- Hard copy and soft copy files are completed and stored within 1 week of valuation completion. As part of our quality process, reports, to include values will be signed off by Machinery Head of Department or Senior Valuer as part of Review process.
- Pre Valuation Desktop Valuations – providing estimated values based on asset listings for ‘pre-valuation’ advice either to LSI internal departments or clients.
- For larger projects you will be working as part of a team and as an Asset Valuer iii may be leading the Valuation, from planning through to reporting.
- As part of planning you will determine timing, scope of work to ensure there is a project schedule for the team to work towards.
- Ongoing updates to BDM / Operations Manager or Client will be required on a regular basis.
- You may also be providing “on the job” support to Junior team members either within a larger project or providing support and mentoring during a valuation. At end of each valuation you will contribute to review of valuation to include;
- Valuation Diary - feedback to support their ongoing development and learning.
- Master Valuation File – updated to include; #days taken V’s budget, key learns, training points, sign off comments etc
- You will also contribute to training sessions which will be hosted either through weekly “quick learns” and valuation training days (c 6 per annum) where you may run through a larger valuation project and outline scope, key findings / issues / learns /methodology.
- Where required, provide assistance and support to our Corporate Account Executives (who manage daily relationships with Multi National Corporates) in advance of a valuation instruction.
- Where required, provide support to the consulting valuation sales team through attendance of presentations to clients, client meetings and marketing events. In addition to collation of case studies and marketing material.
- CPD – external CPD (applicable to role) is supported.
Knowledge and Experience
- More than 3 years’ experience either within a similar role or alternative within a commercial process engineering environment.
- Qualified valuer – RICS or ASA and / or have a degree or equivalent qualification
- Applicants with good commercial experience may also be considered and be prepared to undertake direct professional qualifications at the earliest possible moment in time
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft products to include Excel, Word, Powerpoint products
- Individual Projects - Ability to work independently, to deadlines and communicate information required in a timely manner to internal and external clients.
- Team Projects - able to meet deadlines and prioritise workload accordingly. Communication of delays to Manager essential where information outstanding will impact outlined delivery.
- Work under pressure and meet time deadlines.
- Team player and able to work with rest of team on project, either as project lead or as a team member. Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and graphic communication skills to include data collation and analysis.
- With working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint to product written reports.
- Good communicator written and verbally to both colleagues and clients and timely. Able to regularly travel throughout the UK and Europe (APAC and NA), depending upon location, the inspection dates may involve long working days with travel early morning and return on evening. The role also will involve overnight stays (depending upon inspection location). Estimated overnight stays c 8 days per month.
- Typical week may involve;
- 2 days site inspection and 3 days reporting
- 5 days site inspection across different sites, then c5 – 7 days office based reporting
- The ability to speak an additional language is preferable but not essential
- Clean Driving License