Regional Estates Surveyor for Bupa Care Homes
Location: Regional – London & Southern England
Permanent, Full time 37.5 hr/week
Salary from £45,000 + fantastic benefits including company car
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Working in our support functions you’ll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you’ll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.
As Regional Estates Surveyor, you will manage an estate portfolio of varying types of care homes, to ensure Bupa’s property portfolio, structure, fabric and infrastructure is maintained, enhanced and compliant and that Bupa’s accommodation requirements are met and aligned with its cultural and brand values.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the asset, capital expenditure, planned and reactive maintenance and regulatory compliance required across the portfolio.
- Support operational colleagues in the delivery of their service via excellent facilities management.
- Project manage refurbishment and other property associated projects.
- Ensure that properties are compliant to current legislation.
- Support operational colleagues to recruit, induct and manage personnel associated with property maintenance or management.
- Co-ordinate a range of contractors to ensure timely, competitive and quality delivery of work.
- Collaborate with other members of the property and development team as well as operational colleagues.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in a multi-site estate management role
- Evidence of managing building projects on time, to required quality and within budget.
- Knowledge and experience of building related standards and practices
- Working towards membership of CIOB / RICS or relevant professional body
- Previous knowledge / experience of working with a healthcare sector would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Regional Estates Surveyor, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Time Type: Full time