Hays Property and Surveying are seeking a Graduate / APC Estates Surveyor to join a progressive Local Authority based in Hampshire.
The organisation are progressive and commercially focused Local Authority with a multi-million pound property investment portfolio. Providing a significant income stream across the organisation, the portfolio holds a diverse range of assets including industrial and logistics parks, out of town retail and multi-let office space. Alongside this, the authority also holds a functioning corporate portfolio that provides a range of efficient public services such as, libraries and community centres.
At the forefront of the portfolio is the Commercial Property Department, who are responsible of providing and effective and efficient estate management service on behalf of the organisation. The department is composed of a team of commercial property professionals who use their range of expertise to advise stakeholders and the wider departments across the organisation.
The team is now looking to expand across several levels, including the appointment of Graduate / APC Estates Surveyor. The role offers hybrid working with a requirement to attend the Hampshire based offices two days a week.
Your new role
As a Graduate / APC Surveyor, you will responsible for assisting in the the provision of a range of estate management and professional commercial property advice. This will include managing your own caseload of work, whilst collaboratively alongside the Senior Estates Surveyors to manage portfolios of investment and corporate commercial real estate. Concurrently to day-to-day role, you will develop professionally, working towards you APC assessment with full support around you.
Responsibilities will include -
- Day-to-day Estate Management of commercial property portfolios
- Assisting with lease renewals and rent review negotiations
- Manage new lettings, negotiate leases with new tenants and instruct property agents
- Process licence requests, manage rent rolls and undertake property inspections
- Support in the preparation annual asset valuations and manage business rates
- Liaise with third parties and advise the wider organisation on general property matters
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant degree in Property / Real Estate
- Working towards your APC is desirable, but not essential
- Preferably some practical experience of working within commercial property
- An understanding of landlord and tenant matters
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of commercial acumen
- Self-drive and enthusiasm to learn new skills
What you need to do now
For more information regarding this, or any other opportunity, please contact our Southampton based Property and Surveying specialist Jamie Poll on 07800755744.