We are recruiting a Project Manager to join our client’s experienced project management team. If you possess consultancy construction project management experience and can lead a series of projects, build and maintain client relationships with limited support, this role will offer the opportunity to utilize your skills and work with a talented, busy team.
They are a multidiscipline Property and Construction Consultancy who help their clients create better, more sustainable places for people to live, learn and work. They offer a partner-led approach with their people working worldwide from multiple locations across the UK.
- Establish a detailed Client brief, responsibilities, communication and reporting of consultants and specialists with the client and within the design team
- Advise on/implement the selection and appointment of all necessary consultants and specialists and arrange feasibility studies, including site surveys, site investigation, site evaluation etc
- Co-ordinate and obtain planning consent and all necessary statutory approvals, as well as prepare and maintain the master programme for all pre and post contract activities and monitor progress
- Manage finances from inception to completion, including cash flow forecasts, monitoring project expenditure, and recommendations of payments by the client, as well as internal budget and resourcing
- Interview and select contractors for tendering or negotiation, evaluate tenders received and inspect and monitor the construction works concerning quality and conformity to agreed specifications and drawings.
- Chair progress, co-ordination and project meetings throughout the contract period and prepare regular reports to clients on all aspects of the project inspection, scheduling and acceptance of works required under the defects liability and maintenance provisions of the contract
- Provide a single point of contact, taking responsibility for all aspects of the project and liaising with the client
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- You will ideally hold or be working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent
- Contract Management experience (NEC3, Option C preferred)
- Consultancy construction project management experience
- The ability to lead a series of projects and Client relationships, with limited support
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and particularly MS Project
- Experience in high density residential and/or hotels would be an advantage
- 25 days of paid annual leave, increasing with length of service
- 4 x salary life assurance cover
- Generous company sick pay scheme
- Income Protection Insurance in case you are unable to work due to ill health or accident for an extended period
- Single cover private medical insurance, which can be extended to include family members at preferential rates
- A contributory company pension plan
- Flexible company car scheme for relevant positions