Principal Fire Surveyors (throughout UK)
You’ll be a Chartered Surveyor or Engineer with RICS or the IFE and have a deep understanding of passive fire protection in large residential and commercial properties.
In summary, as a Tenos Principal Fire Surveyor, you will:
- build and manage a team of fire surveyors,
- develop depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge within your team,
- build new and existing client relationships,
- manage challenging clients and larger projects,
- deal with complex legal and dispute cases,
- manage quality, time and financial outputs,
- review technical documents and produce your own,
- share good practice and knowledge with the wider team,
- manage your own busy schedule and that of your team,
- enjoy travelling with work at times.
Join us direct and receive a 10% signing bonus (T&Cs apply)
The key to our success lies in the quality of the people we employ
Attitude is everything! Here’s why you’ll want to work at Tenos:
- You’ll want to do things right (not easy); safety and quality are at the top of your agenda
- You’ll want to make a positive impact on your colleagues, share ideas, listen to others, help and support as required (whatever your grade)
- You’ll want to be recognised for your accomplishments, and celebrate those of your colleagues
- You’ll have energy and enthusiasm
- You’ll want to join a company where you can really make a difference
Your benefits package
You know what you’re worth, so needless to say we’ll pay you a salary commensurate with your experience and your expectations, plus a premium benefits package that includes: an annual bonus subject to company and individual performance, share options, 28 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), a 10% employer contribution when you join our pension scheme, salary sacrifice pension benefit (you can increase your pension contribution, without decreasing your basic salary), private healthcare, long term income protection and much more.
Tenos is an independent firm of fire engineers and surveyors who have been delivering innovative fire engineering solutions for the built environment for over 25 years.
People enter buildings without a single thought as to how safe they are; trusting others to protect them from harm whether at work, home or just passing through.
We are one of the professionals that they rely on so every project that we work on must provide that safety. Safety and quality at the top of our agenda, and we only want to work with clients who share those values.
Our track record
We are valued for what we do and respected for how we have done it over the past 25 years. Our vision is crystal clear: to ensure people can work, live and sleep safe from the effects of fire and we strive to do that with our team of committed, professional engineers and surveyors who draw on technical expertise, creativity and a desire for knowledge to do things better.
We put our values; Safety, Quality and People, at the heart of everything we do, and we’ve never wavered from these; it’s in our DNA.
Of course all Fire Engineering companies will say that Safety and Quality are important drivers, but we don’t just say it, we demonstrate it. Every technical document that we send to a client is thoroughly reviewed and signed off by a competent Engineer or Surveyor.
People are our ONLY asset, and everyone is encouraged and supported to work at the top of their profession with development and opportunities aligned with the criteria of professional registration within their discipline.
Tenos has specialised in Fire Engineering for over 25 years and will continue to do so. Our structure as an Employee Owned Trust keeps us focussed. We focus on Fire, and that’s how we maintain Safety and Quality.
Our financial strength and strategic approach has enabled us to treat people well in the good times AND the bad times. During the pandemic we didn’t furlough anyone, lay anyone off, or cut pay, in fact we gave pay rises and paid annual bonuses just like every other year. We’ve maintained our growth strategy, and we are VERY busy!
All our colleagues own the majority of Tenos through its Employee Owned Trust. The Trust is the custodian of Tenos which ultimately provides everyone who works here the stability and security against the threat of sale, merger or takeover.
Some other great benefits of the Trust are that you, as an employee, can influence the direction of the company, you’ll benefit from tax efficient annual performance bonuses AND you’ll receive share options, every second year, whatever your grade.. Why?... because everyone here has a part to play in the success of our business.